problem programing new ht/cdm

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

brin831

problem programing new ht/cdm

Post by brin831 »

hey guys quick question.

i've done some reading and fear i know the solution to my problem but wanted to get some advice before i went forward.

our company has just purchased 6 new ht1250 hand helds and 2 mobile cdm's.

the problem i'm having is programing them with our latest version of software. 06.07.xx

its not that old from what i can gather i wasn't here when it was purchased nor does anyone here know anything about that stuff beside myself sooo i'm kinda at a loss and was trying to prevent having to pony up another couple hundred bucks for the new version.

the hand held firmware is 05.15.xx and don't remember off hand what the cdm's version is but when i hook everything up and try to write to the radio or read from it it says unsupported model.

cable etc. works fine on any of the 50 +- other radios we have just checked about 3 this morning to be sure and have gone through all of them within the past month.

soooo thoughts advice?
Jim202

Re: problem programing new ht/cdm

Post by Jim202 »

Would it be that hard to explain just what problem or error your having when trying to program the radio?
You might even get an answer on how to solve the problem.

Jim

brin831 wrote:hey guys quick question.

i've done some reading and fear i know the solution to my problem but wanted to get some advice before i went forward.

the problem i'm having is programing them with our latest version of software. 06.07.xx

its not that old from what i can gather i wasn't here when it was purchased nor does anyone here know anything about that stuff beside myself sooo i'm kinda at a loss and was trying to prevent having to pony up another couple hundred bucks for the new version.

the hand held firmware is 05.15.xx and don't remember off hand what the cdm's version is but when i hook everything up and try to write to the radio or read from it it says unsupported model.

cable etc. works fine on any of the 50 +- other radios we have just checked about 3 this morning to be sure and have gone through all of them within the past month.

soooo thoughts advice?
linkinpark9812
What radios do you own?: Spectra, HT1000, Icom F30

Post by linkinpark9812 »

brin831 wrote:hey guys quick question.

soooo thoughts advice?
Hmm, from what I heard, you would be getting a "codeplug too new" type message. I know that was what shows up in RSS, but I would assume that it is similar in CPS. When the codeplug is too new, it means that the radio has been PROGRAMMED (not read) with a software version GREATER than the software you are trying to use to read OR program with.

Usually when you get an "unsupported model" error, it means that the RSS/CPS you are using is not meant for the radio that you are programming (ex. using MT2000 software to try and program an HT1000).

Are you sure the CPS is meant for the radio that you are programming with? I am assuming that the CDM's are also 1250 too? (CDM1250 and HT1250). I don't know off hand what the latest CPS version that there is at this time for the HT1250/CDM1250.

Maybe this error also means that it has a newer codeplug, but they are two completely different things and I would say that the CPS would have two different error messages like older RSS did.
Radios I own: Spectra VHF 110W with A7 head, HT1000 VHF, ICOM IC-F30 VHF, and a Puxing PX-888 VHF.
Scanner I own: Radioshack Pro-164

If you want to get around the 16 mode scan limit on the Motorola Spectra, then read this guide and go to the original thread Here! 8)
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

"Unsupported model" is also seen when trying to read newer firmware Waris radios with anything less than 6.09.xx CPS. So, yes, you will need to shell out the money for newer software, plain & simple.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”