GM300 Microphone

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Andy2712
What radios do you own?: XTS2500 m3 VHF

GM300 Microphone

Post by Andy2712 »

Is there a way (I'm sure there is) to jump a wire or pin on the GM 300 mic to allow it to scan without it being hung up/grounded? Thanks.

Andy
Jim202

Re: GM300 Microphone

Post by Jim202 »

First question I would ask is have you looked in the software to disable the hangup switch?

You could short out the pin for the hangup switch, but this is not the best way to solve
your issue.

Jim

Andy2712 wrote:Is there a way (I'm sure there is) to jump a wire or pin on the GM 300 mic to allow it to scan without it being hung up/grounded? Thanks.

Andy
Andy2712
What radios do you own?: XTS2500 m3 VHF

Post by Andy2712 »

I did, but the only thing I found was for the use of a handset. Can't find any way to disable the hang up switch. If you know where it is I would be greatful. Thanks.

Andy
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

The Maxtrac had a "scan off hook" RSS option, but the GM300 did not. I'd just put a hangup clip on the mic and call it good. Your option is to drop the head, and solder jumper the hangup switch on the vol ctrl brd. I don't recall the pin numbers off hand, but the info is on Batlabs fer sure.
Bat2way

Post by Bat2way »

It's easier to just take the mic apart and disconnect the black wire going to the rear weight contact and solder it to the pad that the spring connects to. This is presuming you have the black-style mic HMN3596A. Other mic styles would be along the same lines.
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

From the control head to the radio there's a 15 pin and a 12 pin connector, pin 15 of the larger one is Hook, that's the very last pin right next to the smaller connector, grounding that should do it.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”