How to reply on PM or email through board

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

WB6DGN

How to reply on PM or email through board

Post by WB6DGN »

Sorry, I thought I was sending the original to an administrator, NOT posting it on the board. Modified to be appropriate for posting.

I received a PM from someone in response to a post I made on the board. I tried to email him in response, then I tried to PM. My PM is still sitting in the "Outbox" and I have no idea how to proceed further. I have NO IDEA what happened to the email, I didn't receive my receipt copy and have not heard from the other member. Would someone please provide information to send the PM that is languishing in the "Outbox"
Thanks,
Tom DGN
Al

Re: How to reply on PM or email through board

Post by Al »

Your message will stay in your outbox until the recipient receives it. When he does, it gets put into your sent box.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Well....

I did happen to read your original post... just didn't get a chance to reply to it.

For what it is worth - our house is pretty well in order. Understandably people are frustrated at times - however - the manner of which your original post was worded on here was quite inappropriate and at best - rude. Regardless...

You can find the answer to your question by simply *READING* the rules forum.

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewforum.php?f=28

While reading you will discover that there is a topic regarding how PM's work...

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69474
When you compose a private message on here, the message will sit in your Outbox until such time that the person you sent it to actually reads it. When they read it, it automatically moves to your Sent box on the system. A copy in the database is made, and both you and the original poster can read it.

That has been there since 2007.

Please let me know if we have adequately addressed your question or if I can provide any further information.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
WB6DGN

Post by WB6DGN »

Forget it! Anger aside, I'm going to take the high road and not lower myself by replying to this fiasco. Alex, have a nice life!
Tom DGN
WB6DGN

Post by WB6DGN »

"Your message will stay in your outbox until the recipient receives it. When he does, it gets put into your sent box."

Al,
Thank you,
Tom

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”