using analog GM series with mototrbo repeaters

Moderator: Queue Moderator

hocine
New User

using analog GM series with mototrbo repeaters

Post by hocine »

hello,
my question is :
is it possible to use gm series or gp series station to communicate using a motorbo repater in anaolg mode ?
the second question :
is it possible to programm the mototrbo reepater to operate in digital and analog mode simulatanously ?
thanks
Motoboy
What radios do you own?: HT1250 I saved from the dump

Re: using analog GM series with mototrbo repeaters

Post by Motoboy »

You can use the TRBO repeater in analog mode in conjunction with any other analog radio, provided the radio and the repeater are using the same bandwidth (25kHz or 12.5kHz). GM series is probably 25, but check the model number if you are not sure. If you have the model number I can cross-reference it for you (e.g. M43GMC29C3AA). The exact model number can be found on the serial number label.

There is an option (available for purchase) called Dynamic Mixed Mode, which allows the repeater to be run in both analog and digital modes, but not simultaneously. If you are talking on it with your GM300, you can't also key up and talk in digital mode. Conversely, if you are talking in digital mode, you can't key up and talk on your GM300. And trust me, if the repeater is keyed up in digital mode, you will want to leave the mic on the clip!

If you don't buy the DMM option, the repeater will only work in one format or the other, whichever you program it for. I could add a lot of technical info here, but I think this answers your questions.

/\/\b
"I don't have a driver's license, either, and that never got me in trouble!" ~Customer
hocine
New User

Post by hocine »

hello,
thank you for your answer, i have two ther questions :
the first :
is it possible to use the same frequencies in two mototrbo repeaters connected by ip conection to provide wide area coverage, these two repeaters are geographically separed by a great distance.

the second question :
is it possible to use the same frequencies in two different repeaters but adjacent geograhicaly, the first is a mototrbo in digital mode, the second is an analog model gr500.
thanks
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Trbo does not change radio physics just because it is in digital mode. If two repeaters are on the same freq, and their coverage overlaps, there will be mutually destructive interference. If they do not overlap, then they will both work well. Wifi access points have CSMA collision avoidance built in as part of the 802.11 standard. Radio repeaters, whether analog or digital, do not. Clobber is clobber. GIGO.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”