Help of input map to Garmin eTrex Venture HC

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KMB

Help of input map to Garmin eTrex Venture HC

Post by KMB »

Hello,

I am new in Garmin GPS receiver.
I got a Garmin City Navigator Southeast Asia V3.0 img File and can I put into the eTrex Venture HC?
I cannot find any SD card port and only see a USB port.
Can anyone help me?
Thank you very much!

73 de
KMB
Bill_G

Re: Help of input map to Garmin eTrex Venture HC

Post by Bill_G »

You will need a Garmin usb cable. They are available from Garmin, or many after market accessory retailers. If you do not have a manual, you should download one from Garmin.

http://www.gpsnow.com/Garmin_eTrex_Vent ... sories.htm

http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/eTrexLeg ... Manual.pdf
KMB

Post by KMB »

Thanks for your reply~~!
I heard from others that I only plug the USB into the eTrex Venture and to the PC then there should have 2 disk drivers appearing in the My Computer, one is Garmin internal memory and one is SD card. What I have to do is to copy and paste the img file into the SD driver.
However, I saw the PC install the Garmin USB driver but I cannot find these two disk drivers as I plug Flashmemory Stike that will auto-load and shows the disk driver in My Computer.
Can help me to slove this problem........Thanks!

P.S. I am using original Garmin USB cable.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Basically your using an img file (usually ported from Mapsource). 9 out of 10 times, this does not work with most garmin units...unless you have created it yourself. Works for their MobilePC program, but not the GPS units unless you created the image yourself. Thats been my experience if your trying to do what I think you are doing.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”