Disappearing Capacity Plus system...

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Forts

Disappearing Capacity Plus system...

Post by Forts »

Hi all,

I'm having a weird situation with a local Capacity Plus system that I am trying to monitor. I loaded all the system info into my radio's codeplug (setting everything to RX only, TX frequencies are all invalid for the system, ARS is turned off). Took the radio out with me and everything worked great. I was bouncing between Capacity Plus channels and regular TRBO channels and could listen in just fine. On my way home I switched over to one of the C+ channels... and it was gone. They all come up as unprogrammed. If I read the radio the info is still there. If I reload the codeplug sometimes it still says unprogrammed, sometimes it comes back ok. Is there a security measure of some sort that is disabling the system in my radio? I'm totally puzzled by this. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Re: Disappearing Capacity Plus system...

Post by com501 »

What firmware version?

Check your individual modes and make sure that the channel pool is the same for all channels.

Is your channel pool in the SAME ORDER as the system? Are the color codes for each member of the channel pool the same as the original system?

I always make each channel pair in the channel pool a different color code than any of the other channels.
FatBoy

Post by FatBoy »

Moto just released new firmware and cps. Maybe it will fix it. FB
......I understand what the package says sir, but you cannot talk 28 miles with 3 AA batteries.......
slavik

Post by slavik »

check radio's ID
in C+ mode max ID 65535
Forts

Post by Forts »

Yes, everything was copied from a codeplug in another radio. I'm not sure what it was, but it's behaving itself now. I haven't had any issues basically since shortly after posting my original message. Thanks for all the suggestions!
com501

Post by com501 »

Forts wrote:Yes, everything was copied from a codeplug in another radio. I'm not sure what it was, but it's behaving itself now. I haven't had any issues basically since shortly after posting my original message. Thanks for all the suggestions!

TWO RADIOS with the SAME ID, won't communicate to each other, and in some cases won't communicate AT ALL depending on firmware versions if both radios are on and registered.
Forts

Post by Forts »

I should have been clearer on my original post... when I said everything was copied from another radio I meant as far as system settings, groups, frequencies etc. The radio ID was changed.
com501

Post by com501 »

Makes sense. OK, the only thing could be firmware differences.....

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”