Programming cable?

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

paulabdou
New User
What radios do you own?: xts5000, bc246t

Programming cable?

Post by paulabdou »

OK. So I have a Compaq Presario CQ56, and there is no serial port. Just the monitor out port, which is a female port. I want to buy a programming cable for my XTS 5000, but I noticed all of them are a female port as well. What kind of adapter do I need to make this work? I really want to program my radio, but don't want my money to be wasted on a cable that doesn't even hookup to my laptop! My laptop does not have a serial port, just the monitor out port, someone please help!
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Re: Programming cable?

Post by JAYMZ »

Usb programming cable. Unless your computer does not have any usb ports (which i find to be unlikely)
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
paulabdou
New User
What radios do you own?: xts5000, bc246t

Re: Programming cable?

Post by paulabdou »

Ok, because I bought a adapter for the VGA port to suit the normal cables. But I haven't found any cables with a USB end yet.

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”