DP3400 has lost RX need help:)

Moderator: Queue Moderator

shadowman

DP3400 has lost RX need help:)

Post by shadowman »

Gday all, i have myself here a DP3400 portable 450-527mhz and it seems to have no RX.. i can rx a signal when i TX next to it with another radio but thats it .. its deaf as a post so im guessing something is wrong with the radio.. it transmits fine with great audio too. are these radios repairable by a repair centre? or are they more of a throw it in the bin and get a new one thing? maybe it has lost its tuning info ? it has been siting dead for around a year ? it is outputting 3.2 watts wich i thort it was meant to be 4-5 watts? any help would be greatly appreciated as id like to use these radios instead of my p25 for awhile:) Cheers all
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: DP3400 has lost RX need help:)

Post by escomm »

First thing is to tune the receiver you will need a signal generator for this IIRC the TRBO needs -12dB of signal and then you hit tune and it takes care of the rest. Maybe it's the APX that needs all that signal but they both have very similar tuning procedures for the receiver
shadowman

Re: DP3400 has lost RX need help:)

Post by shadowman »

gday m ate, thanks for the reply. i am going to go to my friends and give re aligning the rx a shot if this fails then it must be a hardware problem :)

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”