WPLN4130A Need advice

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Radio Crazy
What radios do you own?: All FPP

WPLN4130A Need advice

Post by Radio Crazy »

Just bought a brand new MUC Impres WPLN 4130A full displays, not from Moto, but from a person I know, took it out of the box, plug it in with out any battierys in it and ever since I pluged it in it makes this whinning/humming sound. with or without batterys, there is no change in the whinning/humming when it's charging the bats. The sound is not to loud but noticable. What I would like to know is are they all like this, is this normal or is the fan running or is there a problem with the unit. It has firmware V3.30 thanks in advance.
Al

Re: WPLN4130A Need advice

Post by Al »

I've had complaints on the same noise with that MUC. M used longer life ball bearing fans in that model rather than the quieter sleeve bearing ones.
K8TEK
"Dark Chocolate"
What radios do you own?: Dynatac

Post by K8TEK »

Yep, that sound is the cooling fan.
K8TEK::Tim
Radio Crazy

Post by Radio Crazy »

Al wrote:I've had complaints on the same noise with that MUC. M used longer life ball bearing fans in that model rather than the quieter sleeve bearing ones.
Yep, that sound is the cooling fan.
Would the fan run even without the unit charging batterys, it seems like it runs all the time, charging or not? Thank you both.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Yes

Go to Fry's or Newegg or something and get another fan
Radio Crazy

Post by Radio Crazy »

Thank you all.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”