Enabling Capacity Plus

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mr.syntrx

Enabling Capacity Plus

Post by mr.syntrx »

I know MOTOTRBO repeaters need a license key of some sort to enable Capacity Plus, but how about mobiles and portables? What does the option cost?
Batwings21

Re: Enabling Capacity Plus

Post by Batwings21 »

Capacity Plus is free on subscribers that have digital in them so as long as you don't have a analog only unit you should be good.
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Post by MSS-Dave »

Yep but from what I see you buy the option for the repeater then you have to submit S/N of the mobiles and portables to download the key for them. Option price for the repeater is $1667.00 USD list.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

ConnectPlus, however, requires a hardware board as well as a software entitlement
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

MSS-Dave wrote:Yep but from what I see you buy the option for the repeater then you have to submit S/N of the mobiles and portables to download the key for them. Option price for the repeater is $1667.00 USD list.
No, S/N's of mobiles and portables are not required.

We just did a Capacity Plus upgrade this week. Bought the option. An Entitlement ID (EID) was sent to it. It was entered into the CPS along with the codeplug for the repeater. Option was enabled for the repeater.

We then programmed the mobiles and portables without requirement for an additional activation. Easy.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”