MCC7500 DGM PTT Not Working

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Motoboy
What radios do you own?: HT1250 I saved from the dump

MCC7500 DGM PTT Not Working

Post by Motoboy »

I have an MCC7500 with VPM, and when I connected the DGM, the mic passes audio and the monitor button works, but the PTT button won't work. I swapped DGM's and cables, with the same results on this VPM. So then I went into the UNC and tied another VPM to the console PC, and had the same issue with that VPM and DGM. A known good mic and cable and VPM when associated with the console PC does not let the DGM PTT button work.

Back in the UNC, I tied the original VPM back to the console PC. The second VPM and DGM worked fine again after the change. I then deleted this console out of the UCM and readded it, making sure each and every setting was right, especially the security groups and the Console TG/MG Capabilities Profile. I am using the same Elite config on all of the console PCs at the site. Everything in Elite Dispatch works fine, including all of the PTT buttons on the screen.

This one has me pulling my hair out! The system is ASTRO 25 release 7.9. Everything at the site works beautifully except this one little PTT button!!! Has anyone else had this problem?
"I don't have a driver's license, either, and that never got me in trouble!" ~Customer
d119

Re: MCC7500 DGM PTT Not Working

Post by d119 »

Did you add the DGM in the UCM? IIRC, it has to be added to the console profile.
Motoboy
What radios do you own?: HT1250 I saved from the dump

Post by Motoboy »

Under Console Site, Application Platform, VPM Peripheral module, VPM microphone, Configuration tab, the microphone type is "Motorola DGM". Just for the heck of it, I tried switching this to "3rd Party Microphone", and I switched the mic from port 9 to port 14, with the same results. Checking the system documentation, though, the pinouts of the RJ-45's are different.

I remembered something about Inbound PTT in the console TG/MG capabilities profile, but that parameter selects whether the console user is allowed to see the inbound PTT ID of the calling radio. I don't see anything else about a PTT source anywhere else.

Maybe if I broke out the PTT switch from the cable and connected it to pins 3 and 4 of the footswitch port, I could get PTT that way? I'm going back out to the site tomorrow morning, I think I'll try that.
"I don't have a driver's license, either, and that never got me in trouble!" ~Customer
d119

Post by d119 »

Well this does work properly at our sites, so you shouldn't have to hack it up like that to make it work.

Try one last thing: reverse the ends of the RJ45 cable on the mic. Plug the end that was going into the VPM into the DGM, and vice versa. I know this makes a difference with the speakers that are plugged into the VPM (attenuation difference between a little audio and NO audio when turned down), perhaps it has something to do with this issue on the DGM.

If that doesn't work, engage Console Technology at the SSC and let them figure it out. Motorola rushed it to market, make them do the hard work :)

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”