Does anyone have any ideas for a 2002 TrailBlazer

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

brians2way
No Longer Registered

Does anyone have any ideas for a 2002 TrailBlazer

Post by brians2way »

Does anyone have any ideas how i should buff out my TrailBlazer i belong to EMS...
fire-medic8104

Post by fire-medic8104 »

Need to know what you are trying to do? Such as lights (what is important, undercover or visibility; high traffic area or not), what kind of radios do plan on using, etc. That would put a start on what you want to do with the vehicle.
brians2way
No Longer Registered

Post by brians2way »

I need it for visilibity for EMS and i have 1 CDM1550 with remote mount i have 2 grille strobes and 4 hideaway strobes which are clear... the traffic is somewhat heavy..
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

You'll need more lights if you ask me. Alt headlights, put the strobes in the corner and rear lamp housings. I'd go with strobe heads mounted inside the rear window and possibling even strobe or LED warning to the side for intersections. Obviously put your grill strobes up front. Get the highest output supply you can for brightest flashes
fire-medic8104

Post by fire-medic8104 »

My suggestion would be to of course get a good pair of alternating headlights (preferably a multi-pattern flasher). It is the cheapest, most effective daytime warning you can get. Second, mount your grill lights in the grill. Third, if you can, I would put the hideaways in the red & clear areas of the brake lights, if the law allows in your area. If the grill lights need a power supply, get a Whelen SPS690. It will be the most power you can get for all 6 strobes at once. Also put this power supply on multi-pattern. I work a large area of Interstate 10 and have found multi-pattern catches attention better than anything else. And during inclement weather, the clear will be the first thing seen. If you do not have any overhead warning, I would recommend get some type of intersection lights. As far as the radio, if it is a remote mount it shouldn't be to hard to find a spot to put it if you are not using a stacking system. The problem is the switches. Finding a spot for the switching system would be hard, if there is a center console. If you decide you want all lights on one switch make sure to use a relay, and if all you have is the alternating headlights and power supply a 30amp SPDT relay would be sufficient. Take your time and it should be no problem

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”