Conventional System Key

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

hoser

Conventional System Key

Post by hoser »

How does one create a Conventional System Key for accessing conventional tactical OTAR, STUN/REVIVE? I have all the features, just need a CSK.

I have a master system key for my trunking system. Am I missing something here? Can I make one with my iButton?
Jim202

Re: Conventional System Key

Post by Jim202 »

hoser wrote:How does one create a Conventional System Key for accessing conventional tactical OTAR, STUN/REVIVE? I have all the features, just need a CSK.

I have a master system key for my trunking system. Am I missing something here? Can I make one with my iButton?

I could be wrong here, but a conventional system doesn't require any system key. Only trunking systems require a system key. Depending on who who / how the radio was programed, the new ones that have used the advanced system key buttons can be set not to allow others to play with the program settings without the correct button and password.

If your radio has been stunned, it had to be on a trunking system. Go back to the radio admin of the system and get it un stunned.

Jim
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

Advanced Conventional Key (ACK) is a different but similar beast to ASK. You only need one if you're worried about someone stealing a copy of your conventional CP, or if you want to use the features hoser mentioned, as well as conventional Over the Air Programming.

I'd love to know what the process is to buy one; I expect it involves being a big dollar customer and a lot of paperwork. Pretty sure you can't simply create one.
wa6ylb

Post by wa6ylb »

mr.syntrx wrote:Advanced Conventional Key (ACK) is a different but similar beast to ASK. You only need one if you're worried about someone stealing a copy of your conventional CP, or if you want to use the features hoser mentioned, as well as conventional Over the Air Programming.

I'd love to know what the process is to buy one; I expect it involves being a big dollar customer and a lot of paperwork. Pretty sure you can't simply create one.
Good luck with this one. I have tried to order a conventional system key, to do as what was mentioned here. It kept bringing up the "what is your trunking" system number. Apparently big M talks about it (for conventional), but perhaps no one ever got one as order entry cant make it happen. I've waited over a year with no joy.
B.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”