Is it possible to make the GP328 Out Of Band frequency???

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

zanegoh
New User

Is it possible to make the GP328 Out Of Band frequency???

Post by zanegoh »

Hi there and happy new year 2012,

I want to ask whether is it possible to modify the GP328 Out Of Band, I'm from Asian region, so that the frequency currently is 450-520Mhz, can I make it become 440mhz due to match with the repeater?

Thanks in advance.
All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Re: Is it possible to make the GP328 Out Of Band frequency??

Post by HLA »

do you need the frequencies above 470? if not simplest way is to get a R split radio that does 403 to 470?
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
zanegoh
New User

Post by zanegoh »

Dear HLA, Thanks for reply my post.
HLA wrote:do you need the frequencies above 470? if not simplest way is to get a R split radio that does 403 to 470?
What is R split radio? My country locate at Asia, the Motorola company did control the frequency which is 450-520 only... And I also need the the frequencies above the 470 till 520 also .... :(

I did heard about using the hex editor XVI32 to change the value on it, but I couldn't find any value like 450000000 in hex editor...

Regards,
Zane.
RADIOMAN2002
What radios do you own?: More than I can count

Post by RADIOMAN2002 »

Search for 220 mhz radio out of band post, there is a very well written article on how to do it. You will need a few small programs to convert a code-plug. I took my 403-470 HT-1250 up to 484 mhz ,that's when the VCO went out of lock.
zanegoh
New User

Post by zanegoh »

I searched google and I found the solution which can let the GP328/338 out of band , the name known as "GP328/338 Expand" ... But I couldn't get that software... :'(

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”