XTS300 CPS Problems

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rustynswrail

XTS300 CPS Problems

Post by rustynswrail »

I have just installed a licenced copy of the XTS3000 CPS, version 5.2.0.0 onto my Netbook. When I try to fire it up, I get an error message stating "The system cannot find the file specificed." It then shuts down and generates a Windows (XP) error message.

Am I missing a DLL or similar? If so which one?

Tks

R
sheldon

Re: XTS300 CPS Problems

Post by sheldon »

I had the same problem with a customers netbook on Friday in Canberra. Problem was it would not under any circumstances work on anything unless it had XP or older. Windows Vista and Windows 7 gave me this exact error each time. Soon as it was installed on a dedicated xp netbook, eureka, works like a charm.

I was using 05.03.00
sheldon

Post by sheldon »

To elaborate further for you Russell, I tried using a virtual PC with XP and also a dual boot machine with windows 7 and XP and it still did not work. Even when trying to run it in compatibility mode. As stated above, until it was installed on an XP dedicated machine, it would not work. Strange cause I have it running on my desktop with Windows 7 Ultimate with no problems, maybe it just has something to do with running on a netbook as I encountered?

Cheers
rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail »

[quote="sheldon"]I had the same problem with a customers netbook on Friday in Canberra. Problem was it would not under any circumstances work on anything unless it had XP or older. Windows Vista and Windows 7 gave me this exact error each time. Soon as it was installed on a dedicated xp netbook, eureka, works like a charm.
I was using 05.03.00[/quote]

Therein lies the problem, this is an XP machine. I give up!

R
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

Did you download this off Motorola online? IF not that may be your problem. A copy that is "in the wild" may be missing components or be corrupted
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

Isn't there a service pack requirement of no less than 3 in XP?
It has been a while since I have read the computer requirements, but it is worth looking at.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

No, the problem is that there is no serial port installed on the computer and a usb to serial adapter has not been plugged in, so the CPS can't see a serial port and errors out. Install on a computer with a real serial port or plug in the usb to serial adapter so the CPS is fooled into thinking there's a com port on the computer.
rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail »

[quote="escomm"]No, the problem is that there is no serial port installed on the computer and a usb to serial adapter has not been plugged in, so the CPS can't see a serial port and errors out. Install on a computer with a real serial port or plug in the usb to serial adapter so the CPS is fooled into thinking there's a com port on the computer.[/quote]

Escomm, take a promotion to expert, that appears to be the problem. Once again thanks for the advice.

R

Return to “Radio Programming”