APX6000 ADP Programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

pluto1914
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few APXs

APX6000 ADP Programming

Post by pluto1914 »

I received an APX6000 today. I am trying to programing in a few ADP keys.

According to the help "Up to 64 encryption keys are possible". I am only able to add one key, the plus sign is grayed out.

Anyone else encounter this?

David
bezking
What radios do you own?: /\/\

Re: APX6000 ADP Programming

Post by bezking »

Shot in the dark here but maybe you need Multikey in the flash to have multiple keys (even though the ADP is software-based)?
The bandsplit is only a suggestion.

pluto1914
Batboard $upporter

Post by pluto1914 »

Hmm...good idea.

I have to call Motorola Support I guess. I also get a FAIL 15/10 when the radio powers up.

David
pluto1914
Batboard $upporter

Post by pluto1914 »

I called Motorola today and they believe that I will need Multikey added even for ADP. I passed this onto my Motorola Rep so I will be awaiting what he says.

As for the Error 15/10. I had enabled "External Accessory Enable" under Radio Ergonomics Wide/Advanced. I was under the impression that this was necessary to use an IMPRES display RSM, apprently it is not. Un-checking the box fixed the problem.
pluto1914
Batboard $upporter

Post by pluto1914 »

So it is confirmed. You do need the "H869 Enable Multikey" option flashed into the APX inorder to support multiple keys even for software based ADP.

This is unlike the XTS/XTL series of radios that this was not necessary for software based ADP.

Seems to me that Motorola should do a better job of informing the customers in thiee product documentation.

David
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

pluto1914 wrote:Seems to me that Motorola should do a better job of informing the customers in thiee product documentation.
LOL. Haven't dealt with Moto much, have you? This is par for the course!

Return to “Radio Programming”