How to bypass the MOTOTRBO password

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

sonya001
New User

How to bypass the MOTOTRBO password

Post by sonya001 »

Please
mototrbo cps 6.7 version and version 7.0 or more on the version.
How to change the CPS software to bypass the password inside the program.
HexWorkshop o Winhex is required or any the hex editor.

MOTOTRBO CPS software inside the content of the data how to change them, and will bypass the input password program.
Please help

Welcome to the discussion

Thank you
fixanythingman72

Re: How to bypass the MOTOTRBO password

Post by fixanythingman72 »

this topic has been discussed before take a look.

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... rd#p364204
DPL

Post by DPL »

There is another way to get the password that is probably easier than doing the WinHex method described in that link.

The short version of the story is that the radio and computer use TCP/IP over the USB connection to communicate. The password is sent to the computer in plain text with periods in between each letter (so if your password is "spongebob" it would be sent as "s.p.o.n.g.e.b.o.b"). If you're familiar with packet sniffing, just look at the traffic between the radio and computer when you try to read it. If you're not familiar, it's not hard. Just download Wireshark (http://www.wireshark.org/) and install it. Make sure your radio is plugged in and powered up, and start Wireshark. You should see an interface available for monitoring that has something about Motorola in its name; that's your radio. Switch over to CPS and read the radio. When the password prompt comes up, leave it there and switch back to wireshark. Start looking through the packets for the password (start with the most recent one, since the password should be one of the last things sent to the computer).
Radio99

Post by Radio99 »

Does anyone know if this will work on an Icom portable as well?
sonya001
New User

Post by sonya001 »

This set of Wireshark software, I will not use Who can teach me?
RRSM
New User

Post by RRSM »

I have my CPS installed, and I can't find the CPS/Motorola interface on my Wireshark, there is only Microsoft and Realtek... Is there a way to manually add in Motorola CPS to the interface so it can read it?

I have CPS version 7.6 if that helps.

Thanks in advance...

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”