Motorcycle Mobile Radio

Have a question or information regarding interfacing or interoperating Motorola digital radios with models from other manufacturers? Here's the place to do so.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

unioner101

Motorcycle Mobile Radio

Post by unioner101 »

I am looking for some direction on which motorcycle radio to upgrade to. My department will be utilizing the county UHF digital trunked system. I am looking for a basic digital mobile (does NOT have to have an P25 capabilities) that has had some success on motorcycles.

Thanks
Kevin
torontokris
New User

Re: Motorcycle Mobile Radio

Post by torontokris »

are you looking new models?
I was going to suggest the Moto mounted Spectra but thats dated a bit now.
d119

Post by d119 »

unioner101 wrote:I am looking for some direction on which motorcycle radio to upgrade to. My department will be utilizing the county UHF digital trunked system. I am looking for a basic digital mobile (does NOT have to have an P25 capabilities) that has had some success on motorcycles.

Thanks
Kevin
So you want a digital mobile without P25? What do you want? MotoTRBO?

Digital without P25 is mutually exclusive, unless you're referring to "digital ready" (P25 capable but not flashed for it)
Karl NVW

Post by Karl NVW »

Digital without P25 trunking is called conventional digital, aka CAI if the units are P25 compatible. Works fine, lasts a long time, your choice of manufacturer and modulation. Just don't expect any interoperability between suppliers.
Karl - WA8NVW AFA5VB
SHARES + NCS
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Karl NVW wrote:Digital without P25 trunking is called conventional digital, aka CAI if the units are P25 compatible. Works fine, lasts a long time, your choice of manufacturer and modulation. Just don't expect any interoperability between suppliers.
What are you talking about? CAI stands for Common Air Interface. There is a CAI for DMR IIRC, it's a generic term that doesn't really mean a whole lot
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

The OP was asking about a DIGITAL TRUNKED RADIO. IF its a Motorola system he is referring to, he's stuck with an XTL motorcycle radio, features and all.

Kind of an old post...

Return to “Motorola Digital Radio Compatability”