2013 Ford Police Interceptor Wiring diagram

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firecomm
was Fire4117

2013 Ford Police Interceptor Wiring diagram

Post by firecomm »

I'm looking for info regarding the new 2013 Ford PI. I'd like to know if anyone has access to the wiring diagram/wire designaton for the factory harness for aftermarket emergency equipment.

Thanks.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: 2013 Ford Police Interceptor Wiring diagram

Post by FireCpt809 »

firecomm
was Fire4117

Post by firecomm »

Awesome!

Thanks Cap!
Wes

Post by Wes »

I am currently working on a 2013 Police Interceptor Utility and the PDF wiring diagrams from the above link do not match what is in the vehicle. Specifically I am having major problems tracing down the circuit for the siren speaker. The wires in the harness under the dash do not match the wires in the front of the vehicle.

After several hours of tracing down wires and reading the modifier's guide over and over. I decided, "screw it, I'll just run my own wiring to the siren speaker." WRONG! There is absolutely no where I have found that i can run wiring through the door posts or the firewall. There are no grommets and there is no where on the engine side or the interior side of the firewall to even make a hole for cable routing.

I've been doing this kind of work for almost 20 years and I have never run into any vehicle this aggravating!

I am looking for any help from anyone who has already tackled one of these vehicles. Pics would be awesome!

Thanks in advance.

Wes
Wes Hutchens
911 Telecommunicator/2-Way Sales & Service
firecomm
was Fire4117

Post by firecomm »

Hey Wes,

My brother is running into the same issue as you. Both he and his boss are tearing out their hair trying to figure out where to run the extra 2 wires. Very frustrating!!!
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Oops just noticed you said Utility. My below reference is to the Sedan but maybe they are similar.

Join the club. I have heard lots of negative comments on the install side of things. The best place I found to drill through the firewall immediately to the right of where the hood release cable runs through the firewall. It is up and to the left of the brake pedal. I had to drop the BCM to get enough access to drill.

As far as the siren speaker goes did you order it as part of an upfitter package or did you order the siren speaker with pigtail? If it is non oem you have to string your own wires.

I have worked on a couple of these.

Jason
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

I have the Ford document showing where to go through the firewall on the sedan and utility. PM if you need it. (FYI actually goes through the passenger wheelwell.

Jason
gee305pipd
New User

Post by gee305pipd »

Jason,

I could use the information on where to run some wires to the front. Iam having the same problem with the siren wiring. We ordered our cruiser with Grill Pre-wiring and 100-Watt Siren Speaker installed which was supposed to include the pigtail that I did not recieve. I have one unidentified connector in the console but I do not have a pigtail matching connector. Iam at the point Iam just going to run new wires myself.

thank you

Eric
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

ftp://kb9kst.com:29440

User: Ford PI
Pass: Interceptor
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

Fords idea of a passthrough seems like an afterthought. I would never run wiring through a wheelwell and near engine parts like they show. We do a hole on the drivers side behind the fuse block. Its a pain but alot more secure and on the same side as the battery for extra power sources.
2wayguy
Batboard $upporter

Post by 2wayguy »

Not sure if this will help you or not. But the PI Sedan I have in the shop now has the speaker wire running from a connector on the rear tray to behind the left headlight. Blue and Yellow wires.
gee305pipd
New User

Post by gee305pipd »

Not sure how crazy Iam about running wires into the wheel well either.

My cruiser does not have the tray in the trunk. The siren speaker wires and grill light prep package wires are supposed to be in the center console with the 14 wire connector and 6 wire connector with the necessary pigtail.
cpdchief
New User

Post by cpdchief »

Have several of the interceptors in the shop for wiring. Siren speaker wires are behind the driver's side headlight. (wht/blu and Yellow). The interior pigtail is stand alone and can be found on drivers side below radio system. Gray pigtail with yellow, wht/blu, and black wires. Not sure why the scematic shows connections in 14 pin and 6 pin connectors. The issue with this is that the (interior) wire colors do not correspond with the wire ends taped inside the front grille for the grille lamps.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

It all depends on what wiring options you ordered your car with. If you didn't order certain wire packages you don't get the wires run up front.

I am sick of poor instructions provided by companies selling equipment for installs.

I just installed the Pro-Gard rear door skins/window bars and took photos along the way and made up my own instructions. There are some typos in it but go to my FTP, grab it and let me what you think. I put Pro-Gard instructions on their as well.

Jason
2wayguy
Batboard $upporter

Post by 2wayguy »

The grille light wires are probably wired to a flasher in the trunk area and that is why the colors dont match up. The 3 cars I have in the shop are all this way.
cpdchief
New User

Post by cpdchief »

Makes sense. I just think that Ford should provide this detailed information on wiring for different options when you receive your vehicles. We received no information.
911outfitters
New User

Post by 911outfitters »

For any installers looking were to run wire out to the firewall. Drop the glove box down and look up at the firewall at the top right and you'll see a beige plastic plug their. What we do is use a 12" long paddle wood bit and hit the center of the plug. The place the hole comes out is behind the strut tower......

CP911
jnor
New User

Post by jnor »

Your doing better than me, if you found the siren speaker.....I ordered the car with the siren speaker from the factory, I know it's on the left side around the headlamp, I can't find the speaker, or the wireing I've got the air box out, and still can't find either......:(
jnor
New User

Post by jnor »

I did manage to find the speaker after taking the inner panel, found the wires blue/orange, and yellow going rearward, but can't find them in the interior.............
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Either you have to take the entire front bumper cover off or the driver front inner fender ( the lactic inner )

Jason
firetech792

Post by firetech792 »

[quote="911outfitters"]For any installers looking were to run wire out to the firewall. Drop the glove box down and look up at the firewall at the top right and you'll see a beige plastic plug their. What we do is use a 12" long paddle wood bit and hit the center of the plug. The place the hole comes out is behind the strut tower......

CP911[/quote]

You just saved me.....thanks a million.
bunick
New User

Post by bunick »

I drilled a hole in the firewall beside the tower on the passenger side then I saw your post. I already had the glove box out so I looked for the beige plastic plug but don't see it. Didn't spend much time looking since I had a hole already. Does anyone know where to find a backlight wire? Some wiring diagrams say #7 on the 14 pin connector which is a white/black wire that is ignition and doesn't respond at all to the lights or dimmer button nor does any of the other wires. thanks
RADIOMAN2002
What radios do you own?: More than I can count

Post by RADIOMAN2002 »

For any installers looking were to run wire out to the firewall. Drop the glove box down and look up at the firewall at the top right and you'll see a beige plastic plug their. What we do is use a 12" long paddle wood bit and hit the center of the plug. The place the hole comes out is behind the strut tower......
On a 2013 civilian model,(don't know about any other year or PD model) don't do it, you might damage the AC condenser. I found the best of the worst way by following the directions from the Ford up-fitter manual and doing some custom layout. It's easier when you partialy remove the passenger inner wheel well as it's only about 6-8 plastic snaps, then you can get your hand in where the wire comes from the grommet hole from behind the glove box (pages 9-12 in the up-fitter manual) https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/no ... _cover.pdf . I didn't run mine as Ford described,(too difficult and too near the engine for me) I found another hole on top of the shock tower(I ran it the same way on my 2005 Ford five hundred 7 years ago and have had no issues)There is also a hole with a rubber grommet if you like, but I just used the hole to the rear of the tower. I also used a generous amount of wire loom and silicone to insulate from the body and through the holes. I ran 2 #6 wires for a 110 watt Astro Spectra and a Hi-Power CDM mobile and both wires went through the holes with no issue.
Now the other PITA is Ford is now using another version of fuse under the dash, but not under the hood. I ran wire to both and will finish at a later date picking the one that's the easiest to get at.

I would love for someone to write an app that would interface the Astro Spectra into the Ford Sync system.
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

Ha, got Sync in one of my vehicles, wish it wasn't there. One of the WORST designed interfaces / systems i've ever seen in a production vehicle. I'd like the damn thing to work with my phone, let alone my radio.
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block
canonninja
New User

Post by canonninja »

I havent got my hands on mine yet, but I ordered an PI Utility with the full Ford lighting kit. Hopefully since it's a personal vehicle, i'll get the siren software and most of the diagrams and manuals on how to decipher this crap.

That said, has anyone messed with the prewiring on these? I see a pig tail listed but cant tell if it terminates under the console or if its tied into the front flasher.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

canonninja wrote:I havent got my hands on mine yet, but I ordered an PI Utility with the full Ford lighting kit. Hopefully since it's a personal vehicle, i'll get the siren software and most of the diagrams and manuals on how to decipher this crap.

That said, has anyone messed with the prewiring on these? I see a pig tail listed but cant tell if it terminates under the console or if its tied into the front flasher.
Have you gotten the modifier's guide? If not I would download it.

Jason
Thebazzell
New User

Post by Thebazzell »

Not sure if I'm in the right spot. But hopefully someone may have a solution. I'm dealing with a wiring mishap where it looks like the park detect wire in the 14 pin harness had shorted to a power lead. After the smoke cleared the park indicator light was not illuminating while the vehicle was in park and the key wouldn't turn completely off so it is stuck in the ignition. If I ground the park detect wire the indicator light will come on bit the key still won't turn off. I've checked every fuse imaginable unless there's something I've overlooked. I've looked through evey wiring diagram available but still can't figure out what the issue is! If anyone has any clue please respond and help! Thanks in advance...

Bill
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Is it a 13 or 14 and it's a sedan right?
Thebazzell
New User

Post by Thebazzell »

It's a Utility. The burnt wire is #12 in the front access power point harness, light green, park detect wire. But I see that wire #14 on the diagram is called Run/Start #2 (20 A) and says the fuse location is #74 in the IP fuse box but I can't locate the fuse. Theres no #74 in the IP fuse box.
Thebazzell
New User

Post by Thebazzell »

Also it's a 2014 Utility
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Sent you a PM.

Jason
firebug24
What radios do you own?: Maxtrac/syntorX9000/HT1250

Post by firebug24 »

Hello all

Well I got a 2014 Ford SUV Police Interceptor today ( my first one) and have the worst time trying to find a spot to get 2 antenna cables thru the firewall !!!! Spent way too many hours researching to find out very little information. The radio power connections are suppose to be under the center console which isn't that easy to get to either.

Any help would greatly be appreciated
thanks
steve w :o :x
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

firebug24 wrote:2 antenna cables thru the firewall !!!!
wot
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

FireCpt809 wrote:Fords idea of a passthrough seems like an afterthought. I would never run wiring through a wheelwell and near engine parts like they show. We do a hole on the drivers side behind the fuse block. Its a pain but alot more secure and on the same side as the battery for extra power sources.
The pass through is not an after thought. It is the location that the civilian cars sunroof drains go through.

Wait till you get a hold of some 15's, I have a lot full of them, Ford in their infinite wisdom has included wiring through the firewall for those of us that do this type of thing. I will tell you now where to find it. It is blunt cut under the fuse box under the hood and blunt cut at the fuse box inside.

Naturally there is a catch, the harness is supposed to be 100 centimeters long, which works out to 39.370 inches, what was delivered was 100 millimeters long, 3.937 inches...... at both ends, so we either need some Korean girls with small hands, or just abandon their wiring. Allegedly, they(Ford) is going to send me some infomation on the color codes in the harness, 6 par of wire, just 5 feet too short..............THANKS FORD.....
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by jmr061 »

Are the 15's out? And wow that is a major mistake. They need to correct that and if that means sending someone to fix your fleet then that's what they need to do. Is this a standard option now or something that is ordered?

Jason
spectragod wrote:
FireCpt809 wrote:Fords idea of a passthrough seems like an afterthought. I would never run wiring through a wheelwell and near engine parts like they show. We do a hole on the drivers side behind the fuse block. Its a pain but alot more secure and on the same side as the battery for extra power sources.
The pass through is not an after thought. It is the location that the civilian cars sunroof drains go through.

Wait till you get a hold of some 15's, I have a lot full of them, Ford in their infinite wisdom has included wiring through the firewall for those of us that do this type of thing. I will tell you now where to find it. It is blunt cut under the fuse box under the hood and blunt cut at the fuse box inside.

Naturally there is a catch, the harness is supposed to be 100 centimeters long, which works out to 39.370 inches, what was delivered was 100 millimeters long, 3.937 inches...... at both ends, so we either need some Korean girls with small hands, or just abandon their wiring. Allegedly, they(Ford) is going to send me some infomation on the color codes in the harness, 6 par of wire, just 5 feet too short..............THANKS FORD.....
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

KB9KST wrote:Are the 15's out? And wow that is a major mistake. They need to correct that and if that means sending someone to fix your fleet then that's what they need to do. Is this a standard option now or something that is ordered?

Jason
spectragod wrote:

I was told it was standard for the 15's, even though we paid $50 a unit for grill/siren speaker wiring, we will get that straightened out as well. The harness gauge and colors are as follows.......

The following circuits were added for 2015 Job 1 for Police Only Upfitter Dash Panel Pass Through:

Low Current Twisted Pair A (20 AWG)

White
White/Blue

Low Current Twisted Pair B (20 AWG)

Yellow
Yellow/Black

Low Current Twisted Pair C (20 AWG)

Green
Green/White

Low Current Twisted Pair D (20 AWG)

Blue
Blue/White

High Current Twisted Pair E (14 AWG)

Orange
Orange/Black

High Current Twisted Pair F (14 AWG)

Black
Black/White
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”