XTL5000 Mic off Brick?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

lyndonrescue13
New User

XTL5000 Mic off Brick?

Post by lyndonrescue13 »

Anyone have any comments on plugging the mic directly into the 110W brick? Will it function the same as if it was plugged into the remote head directly?? A quick bench tests leads me to believe this will work....

Due to where I am mounting the control head it would make more sense to run the mic off the brick with a mic ectender cable then to run the mic off the remote head.... seeing if this would work. Tanks for the info.
wa6ylb

Re: XTL5000 Mic off Brick?

Post by wa6ylb »

lyndonrescue13 wrote:Anyone have any comments on plugging the mic directly into the 110W brick? Will it function the same as if it was plugged into the remote head directly?? A quick bench tests leads me to believe this will work....

Due to where I am mounting the control head it would make more sense to run the mic off the brick with a mic ectender cable then to run the mic off the remote head.... seeing if this would work. Tanks for the info.
While I've never tried it on a 110w model, I have tried the microphone on the midpower remote version front panel and it works. This allowed me to mount the control head by itself, on the extended mirror at the roof level, while leaving the radio unit mounted behind the seat with the microphone plugged into it, with the cord going though the gap between the bench seat and the back of the seat itself. Probably the best thing to do, is plug it all in and try it.
B.
kt2728

Re: XTL5000 Mic off Brick?

Post by kt2728 »

I believe there is an extension cable that can be ordered for this. i just dont have a part number for it.
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”