LTR system question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

lunzac
What radios do you own?: HT1250, XPR6550, XPR7550

LTR system question

Post by lunzac »

hey guys
i have an HT1250 mobile and a CDM1550 both uhf R band that im using with an LTR system. recently the system changed most of its talk groups to a new home repeater. after changing the home repeater settings on both my handheld and mobile i was still not able to communicate with the system. heres what ive found
when i monitor the repeater channels conventionally i can hear my radio transmit, so i know i am transmitting to the system properly.
when trying to receive the only way i have been able to hear anything is by taking a given talk group and making its receive ID have a range of at least 15 numbers for each talk group. then the radio hears everything transmitting with talk group tx ids anywhere in that range. if i try to make the talk group a single number even if i have all 15 rx ids listed as individual talk groups i still cannot hear any of them.

any thoughts would be great.

zach
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: LTR system question

Post by escomm »

Did the frequencies of the home repeater change? Have the trunk to channels been renumbered or gone to new frequencies? Has the area ID changed? Has the system been narrowbanded? Are you authorized on the system? Are you authorized to change the databus in your radio?
lunzac

Post by lunzac »

home repeater has not changed
repeater numbers / frequencies have not changed
area id has not changed
system is already narrowband
i am authorized to be on the system and to change my radio
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Then take you radio(s) to the system operator to be programmed correctly.
lunzac

Post by lunzac »

im sorry guys
im really have a fascination with radio technology. posting my question is just as much about gaining a deeper understanding of how LTR systems work and how certain things affect others as it is making my radios work. i kinda had the impression the forum was for sharing knowledge. if thats not what this forum is for then thats truly unfortunate. If there is anybody that is willing to share some knowledge and onsite with me i would really appreciate it.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

We can't read their mind any more than you can. If you want to do the work yourself, go talk to them, and find out what got changed.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

lunzac wrote:home repeater has not changed
repeater numbers / frequencies have not changed
area id has not changed
system is already narrowband
i am authorized to be on the system and to change my radio
Something is not adding up. First you say the talkgroups moved to a new home repeater. Then you say the home repeater did not receive a new repeater number or frequency. Surely you can see how it's difficult for anyone to provide reliable help when you provide conflicting information regarding your problem. As Bill said, it would be best to go to the system administrator to figure out why your radios are not working. Shouldn't be a big deal since you're authorized on the system.
radioeng462
No Longer Registered

Post by radioeng462 »

Sounds like a bootlegger on a LTR system. Like everyone has said, talk to the system admin and have that person update your radio.
KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

Post by KG4INW »

Curious, what system?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”