CM200's and codeplug password

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ve9jmc
New User

CM200's and codeplug password

Post by ve9jmc »

I have approx 14 CM200's i need to program, however the person bought them off of Ebay and they all have passwords on them. As he bought them as a package i'm suspecting that all of the passwords may be the same. However the seller has no idea as to what the password would be. I have the CPS i need to program them with. (CPS R05.17) However i cannot get by the password. Is there a bypass for CPS R05.17 or any other way to bypass the password in these radios? Any info would be a help. Thank you.
Al

Re: CM200's and codeplug password

Post by Al »

Use a hex editor to modify the .exe CPS file(if you aren't familiar with hexedit, do a search on here). For version R05.17.00 AA, you will find that the address to change is 0012D5F1h. Change the two bytes at that address from 75 09h to 90 90h, then save your .exe file. Then you can hit return when it asks for a password to bypass same.
The only other way to clear the existing password that I'm aware of is to update the radio's firmware(assuming that it's earlier than the current R04.01.02D version).
cifd64
New User

Re: CM200's and codeplug password

Post by cifd64 »

I need the CPS Password hack for R05.16. In a bad spot with a radio and wont let me clone from another identical model. We took over an account and they all have passwords. I am using XVI Hex Editor

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”