2001 Suburban lighting ideas

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kthelen
New User
What radios do you own?: MCS2000, Maxtracs, CP200s

2001 Suburban lighting ideas

Post by kthelen »

Hello all! Long time no post.

For a while now I've had a 1-ton Chevy pickup as my tow vehicle and plow truck. I equipped it with a very basic lighting setup, consisting mostly of what leftovers I had laying around - two amber Whelen TIR6es behind the grille, a Whelen Tall Traffic Advisor inside the cab along the top of the back window, and a Sho-Me LED flasher to drive the TIR6es and the outer two ambers on the Traffic Advisor. Pretty simple.

Last week I picked up a 2001 3/4 ton Suburban, which I plan to use for the same purposes, and so want to equip in essentially the same way. The front end is, of course, no problem. But I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do for the back. It has privacy glass, so mounting the arrowstick inside the back barn doors isn't an option. But I've yet to find any pics to convince me that there's a non-tacky way of mounting one on the back edge of the roof (all the 10-year-old dead links haven't been working in my favor, either).

Does anyone here have some install pictures, or links to pictures, which I could look at for inspiration? Suburbans, Tahoes, Yukons... I could use some new ideas!

--Keith
formerly known as kanabecsys, many moons ago
kb4mdz
What radios do you own?: Too many for the time I have.

Re: 2001 Suburban lighting ideas

Post by kb4mdz »

Check in over at elightbars.org.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”