Astro-Tac "Rcvr Fail" light

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rembdcst
New User

Astro-Tac "Rcvr Fail" light

Post by rembdcst »

Does anybody have an idea of why the only light on the front of my receiver that's lit is the "Astro-Tac Rcvr Fail"? Is it a power supply issue?

I haven't got the manual I ordered for it yet. Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this.

Thanks
wa6ylb

Re: Astro-Tac "Rcvr Fail" light

Post by wa6ylb »

rembdcst wrote:Does anybody have an idea of why the only light on the front of my receiver that's lit is the "Astro-Tac Rcvr Fail"? Is it a power supply issue?

I haven't got the manual I ordered for it yet. Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this.

Thanks
If the unit was used with a external 5 Mhz freq reference, then the fail light will be on. Also the first LED at the top (power I believe) should be on.
When you power this on, watch all the LEDS. If they never change or blink, then you may not have any code plug in the radio SCM. Same goes for
no firmware.
Tell us what you see when the unit is first turned on, and what occurs for the first 30 seconds or so.
B.
d119

Re: Astro-Tac "Rcvr Fail" light

Post by d119 »

What band is it? If it's 900MHz, you most certainly need an external reference for it.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”