msf 5000

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

w5kow5ko
New User

msf 5000

Post by w5kow5ko »

I have a msf 5000 uhf its on 444.000mhz going through the tune up it says to put a 50 ohm load on the preselector input does that mean on the receiver input or the antenna input??? this is my first msf 5000 so im in the learning mode thanks for any info
Andy Brinkley
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: FMR80D and a Motrac with Scan

Re: msf 5000

Post by Andy Brinkley »

The tuning a MSF5000 is not for the faint of heart.

Go to Repeater-Builder.com and spend a few hours reading the articles and manuals that are posted on the website, then tune and realign exactly as described in the manual and you will have a repeater that will provide years of reliable service.

Also might want to swap out the 2 electrolytic capacitors in the power supply section of the uniboard, these are a known problem point.
Andy / NC4AB
motorola_otaku

Re: msf 5000

Post by motorola_otaku »

w5kow5ko wrote:I have a msf 5000 uhf its on 444.000mhz going through the tune up it says to put a 50 ohm load on the preselector input does that mean on the receiver input or the antenna input???
On the receive SMA connector on the RF tray. You can use a coax jumper to any type of 50-ohm termination and it'll tune fine.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”