R-2008 Load Resistor

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jefftheradioman
New User

R-2008 Load Resistor

Post by jefftheradioman »

Got a good deal on a R 2001/8 monitor at Dayton this year. The only problem is the power input 50 ohm resistor is bad. Tests at 70 ohms and the watt meter reads 115 watts with only 25 in. Does anybody know where I can get one? Does anybody have a junk monitor I can buy? Please let me know on this site or E-Mail at jefftheradioman@gmail.com.

Thanks N8FYZ
jry

Re: R-2008 Load Resistor

Post by jry »

Not sure if you are referring to a C or a D version R2008
If it's a D version than I believe that's a 14db 120 Watt attenuator.
Last time I replaced one had to use a combination of a 10db 100Watt and a 4db 10 Watt . Required a mod of the watt meter board to get the two attenuators to fit and mount.

Both were on Ebay but not sure the 4db low power is still there. You really want the 4db lower power version since the space is tight.

Other choice would be the standard 60 watt attenuator assembly from an 8920A/B which also uses a 14db attenuator that's close mechanically . Amtronix may have those .

Common problem when some one puts too much power in.

If you are just using low low power and low frequencies you could just place a 50sh ohm resistor across the N connector ...doubt you could fit anything larger than 1 Watt in that space though. * see the pad calculators online for the exact value for 14db and 50 ohms

You cannot just change the attenautor to a common value and re-calibrate the wattmetee since that would also throw off the RF gen value for that port.
jry

Re: R-2008 Load Resistor

Post by jry »

The other choice in looking at the 2001D input assembly would be to replace both the input attenuators.
Total needs to be 30db for the RF gen and signal level to be correct on the I/O port.
USe a 10db High power and a 20 db lower power and re-cal the wattmeter since the power tap will be 4 db higher.
At least those parts are relatively standard and easily available.
May need a component tweak on the wattmeter since the input will be 2X+ what is should be

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”