MOTOROLA T5600 DISPATCH CONSOLE

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Code3Response
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

MOTOROLA T5600 DISPATCH CONSOLE

Post by Code3Response »

Anyone have any type of info on this unit? What can be done with it, etc. Thanks!
d119

T5600 Console

Post by d119 »

These are a VERY BASIC console. I saw your bid on eBay for it. It's not worth more than $150.00 even though it's new. It's not very programmable other than the clock and microphone deviation unless you have the RSS ($250 through Motorola), and the programming cable. Most of them are Tone Remote, though a DC option was available. You have to program the console with the RSS for DC operation, it's not as simple as installing the board. The T5600 consoles, in my opinion, aren't very user-friendly.

That particular model supports MDC-1200 options such as Unit ID decode, emergency ack, enable/disable, page, selcall, and group page, that's what the screen on top is for. They only control one base station, though they have options for multi-frequency capability, they still only control one base station, that alone says they are NOT a public-safety grade console.

Yes they look neat, but I honestly wouldn't waste the money on one. You're better off with a Motorola CommandPLUS (Motorola no longer carries it, but it's actually a Motorola labelled version of the GAI-Tronics ICP9000 series), or a Zetron Model 4010, if you are looking for a stand-alone console. Anything other than those usually requires a CEB (Central Electronics Bank), a rack located away from the console (called an Op Position), with a cable between them. The Op Position controls the CEB, which controls the radios, but I digress.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”