MC3000 Compatibility

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

TX_Shooter
New User

MC3000 Compatibility

Post by TX_Shooter »

According to Motorola's Website, the MC3000 is compatible with: MCS2000® Model III, ASTRO® Digital Consolette W9, CDM Series Radios, iDEN® r750, and MTM700 Databox/ Motorcycle models.

I'm curious... is it possible this MC3000 is compatible with other models, but perhaps has features or functions that won't work on the desktop controller? What makes it compatible with these radios and not with radios of similar design? Is it a digital limitation? A specific type of signal on the accessory connector of the radio? A programming function?

Thanks,
Shooter
TX_Shooter
New User

Re: MC3000 Compatibility

Post by TX_Shooter »

Anyone?
BRAVO0122
What radios do you own?: XTS2.5K 3K 5K ASM ASP M-RK/PA

Post by BRAVO0122 »

You need L3208 (Astro/MCS) or L1337 (LTR) no programming software need.
It just an equipment let you remote control radio.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

BRAVO0122 wrote:You need L3208 (Astro/MCS) or L1337 (LTR) no programming software need.
It just an equipment let you remote control radio.
Are you sure?.

The MC3000 and the associated Digital Junction Box (L3208 ad L1337) communicate to the radio digitally (yes, there are some audio lines as well), but commands such as PTT, channel change etc are communicated to the radio in a digital format.
tsunami_australia
What radios do you own?: too many to list here apparent

Post by tsunami_australia »

Just on this, is there some reason that a model 2 MCS2000 would not be usable for this controller? The MCS2 and MCS3 are electrically the same as far as I'm aware (all MCS series where the same electrically as far as I was aware). So why list the M3 and not M1 or M2? I'd assume that the interface box would be hooked up via the accessories port?

EDIT: Further to my last, this might be just the sort of thing I've been looking for to get the mrs to accept a radio "head" on her desk. What is needed to get 2+ of these hooked to a single radio and then what is needed to hook them same desksets to 2+ radios (in this case UHF400+VHF-HI)? This would be a nice multi-head setup I think to link the multiple radios together and be able to control the 2+ radios from the one set in multiple places throughout the house.

Also on this, would these work with the status messaging for MDC? I've been trying to get radio->radio status messaging and started a thread to ask about it but noone was willing to answer. So would these accept MDC messaging? I'm having a LOT of trouble finding any real documentation or help for MDC1200 signalling (status messaging, acknowledges etc).

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”