Bearcom BC-120 Programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Fratolicious
New User

Bearcom BC-120 Programming

Post by Fratolicious »

Good Morning,

I am new to the Batboard and appreciate any help that I can receive. I have searched the forum but have not found a clear answer to this question.

I recently took in about 30 BC-120 UHF Portables on a recent transaction. I have been professionally working in the Two-Way field since 1995 so I have quite a bit of programming knowledge but this has me aggravated to no end. Here is what I DO know:

1. These are Bearcom's Private labeled BC-120 UHF portables that are in fact the same radio as the CP125.

2. I have confirmed with Technical Support that the Programming software to use is the Business CPS software.

3. I have confirmed with Technical Support that the Programming Cable is a single prong #DSK001C706B

4. I have attempted to use different PC's, Different radios, and even Entry Level software that was posted in an old thread with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully now that I am registered I can assist fellow members in the future. Thanks!
Fratolicious
New User

Re: Bearcom BC-120 Programming

Post by Fratolicious »

Trying to Bump this.. Desperate for some assistance.
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

You really didn't say the problem. You can't read the radio? Is there error messages involved? Tried different OSes? Is it a known good cable?
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

My money is on they're password protected.
KE7JFF
What radios do you own?: MX300 lunchbox

Post by KE7JFF »

I have done a few BC-120 portables; you are using the right software but the issue I found is some programming cables I needed to hold and push in the 3.5 mm jack into the radio while reading/writing to get it to work.

Edit: Oh wait? Business Level CPS? Entry Level Business I hope...
Mountain Wave Search & Rescue http://www.mwave.org
Support Search & Rescue: Get Lost!
Fratolicious
New User

Post by Fratolicious »

Sorry for the late response. After having the proper cable and software that I mentioned above it does nothing. Will not read or Write. I get "Read radio Failed". I have attempted this on multiple computers, and multiple radios.

Just to re-confirm: I'm using CPS 1.07 that was purchased directly from Motorola. I'm also using an original cable from Motorola #DSK001C706B

I'll tell ya, I'm at a total loss. Does the radio need to be put into a programming mode like the BPR40?

Again, any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Note: I attempted the push hard method on several units to no avail.
Fratolicious
New User

Post by Fratolicious »

Any Motorola or Bearcom guys around for assistance???
Hopmoto
New User

Post by Hopmoto »

Bear com has its own software for the bc-120. The normal bpr-40 software will not work.

Return to “Radio Programming”