CDM 750 Programming problem

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

clovisb31
New User

CDM 750 Programming problem

Post by clovisb31 »

Hello all,

I have two CDM750s that I am making into a low power repeater. I programmed one for receive and one for TX. They were both working as intended on the bench, prior to interfacing to a controller. I connected the RIB box and programming cable to make some final adjustments and the following occurred:

I hit the "Write to radio" button and a few seconds later the following message came up in a window
" Failed to convert database into codeplug image"

Next, the radio beeped loudly, and went into some sort of locked mode. You could hear a very low white noise coming from the speaker. The power button did not work so I disconnected power.

Upon reconnection of power, I pushed the power button and the radio powered up, again in this locked/frozen mode. I attempted to re write the radio and the same process repeats over and over.

I had a known good codeplug from the companion radio, so, I attempted to "clone" that radio codeplug to the locked/frozen radio. No joy.

The radio will not program, or accept another good codeplug from the companion radio.
(the two radios were programmed differently, one for TX and one for RX).

So, I have a frozen/locked radio now. Any suggestions as to where to go from here?

Thanks
Shane
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: CDM 750 Programming problem

Post by escomm »

Your codeplug is corrupt :(

You can try to keep writing your known working codeplug. That might end up working on the 10th try, the 100th try, or never at all.

You can try to read the radio with CPS, and CPS may be able to sense the codeplug is corrupt, and try to recover it for you. It might work, it might not.

You can try to upgrade the firmware in the radio, but will require a flash adapter or homebrew cable to put the radio in bootstrap mode

Return to “Radio Programming”