APX7000 Q53

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mirage
What radios do you own?: APX7500APX7000 XTS4000 MT500

APX7000 Q53

Post by mirage »

Ok I have a APX7000 VHF/800 Radio with the q53 option. If I have another radio same flashcode do I need a systems key to program it or can I do like the old days
Clone the radio with just the regular software.
Thanks Doug

Flashcode I have 101258-000582-1
Jim202

Re: APX7000 Q53

Post by Jim202 »

mirage wrote:Ok I have a APX7000 VHF/800 Radio with the q53 option. If I have another radio same flashcode do I need a systems key to program it or can I do like the old days
Clone the radio with just the regular software.
Thanks Doug

Flashcode I have 101258-000582-1

I think the real answer to your question will be based on what is programmed in the original source radio. What I mean by this is if you have non trunking channels (modes in Motorola talk) programmed in the radio you should have no problems cloning the second radio. This will be dependent on the model numbers of the radios being the same. If the model numbers are not the same, you can still do the click and drag copy method. This will require having to open the codeplug of both radios at the same time (both codeplugs displayed at the same time on your computer screen) and move the information from one radio to the other (click and drag).

Now if there is any trunking channels or zones in either radio, then yes you will need the systems key in order to change any of that information or transfer it to the other radio. If you have multiple trunking system in the radio, you will need the systems key for each of the trunking systems you want to change or copy.

Jim

Return to “Radio Programming”