New CRT Oscilloscopes

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

drdslam
New User

New CRT Oscilloscopes

Post by drdslam »

Speaking of scopes, my unit at work has died and I have had to make do with the new digital ones. They are great for a lot of tasks, but I just prefer the instant response of the CRT models for troubleshooting. The problem is that the major manufacturers have quit making them, quit supporting them, and the company will only purchase a brand new instrument that ofers a warranty and a guarantee of support for a set number of years. Does anyone out there know who makes a new CRT scope that is any good?
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Re: New CRT Oscilloscopes

Post by DJP126 »

Don't know how good they are but you can try this.

http://www.testequipmentdepot.com/bk-pr ... /index.htm

When I was in Motorola's Test Equipment depot, B & K Scopes were not the greatest, but were a good enough "use it in the field" piece.
Dave
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

You could try Valuetronics. They have new and used. I've have good success with them.

http://www.valuetronics.com

Dean Frees
International Sales Engineer
Tell: 847-468-8258
email: sdf@valuetronics.com
crash
What radios do you own?: R2001C

Post by crash »

If you can use your own scope, it may be wise to get what you want, yourself.
With the price of analog scopes dropping, you can pick up a name brand scope at a reasonable cost.
The used market is flush with high quality equipment, you can take your pick.
I was able to get a 100 MHz, dual trace for free, right place, right time situation!
Jeff 'crash' Young N8CMQ
drdslam
New User

Post by drdslam »

crash wrote:If you can use your own scope, it may be wise to get what you want, yourself.
With the price of analog scopes dropping, you can pick up a name brand scope at a reasonable cost.
The used market is flush with high quality equipment, you can take your pick.
I was able to get a 100 MHz, dual trace for free, right place, right time situation!
No, we are an ISO 9000, FAA, Six Sigma shop and BYOD is not an option, plus that sends a bad precedent,
the mechanical guys have to provide their own tools, we don't. They get a $100-250 per YEAR tool allowance and most have $10-30K
Snap-On, MAC, etc box and tools on the floor. They are union we are not. Once we open that door no telling what could happen we aren't going there.

They buy only new equipment, they amortize it and replace it on a schedule for tax purposes. It all goes back to the dealers like *ucker or TestEquity.
This is actually a good deal for us techs and for the economy in general. If no one buys new they quit making it.

It looks as if no one bought new analog scopes and they quit making them......;-)
firemedic

Post by firemedic »

Bk precision? Last I looked they still had analog crt scopes not sure on the quality as I've never had one.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”