XTS2500 frequencies getting scrambled when programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dbrush
New User

XTS2500 frequencies getting scrambled when programming

Post by dbrush »

We just inherited 24 radios from a Fire District my city annexed and had to program them to match our city channel list. Of course they're a different model so can't clone. We did the drag and drop to copy from one of our city radios, and added individual MDC id's, then programmed them. Tried a couple after programming them all, and found that all the TX frequencies in the first zone had been "randomized". None of them matched what they should have been, and they weren't just shuffled around either (like channel 1 frequency on channel 3, etc.).

This is apparently happening in the PC, as the mistake was copied into all of the radios.

We fixed the glitch, reprogrammed them a second time, and it did it again. On the third try, they stayed as they should have.

This is in VHF high band conventional, with 6 zones programmed. The other zones were left correct.

We've seen this in other XTS2500's, but to a lesser extent, such as a PL on one or two channels being wrong. Up til now, we've written it off as fat fingers, and some of those might be, but this can't be a typo, it's too extensive.

Anybody else seeing this?
Jim202

Re: XTS2500 frequencies getting scrambled when programming

Post by Jim202 »

Think I would have to ask what computer your using to program the radios with.

What OS are you using?

Is this a 32 bit or a 64 bit computer?

What is the clock speed of the computer?

How much RAM does the computer have?

What radio to computer interface are you using? Motorola or clone interface cable?

There are so many variables, that it would help for those with the understanding to help you with the problem.

Jim
wavetar
Administrator

Re: XTS2500 frequencies getting scrambled when programming

Post by wavetar »

I can't say I've ever seen that issue.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Radio Programming”