DMR rick reapeters

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

vince7003

DMR rick reapeters

Post by vince7003 »

Hello I am wanting to see if anyone has made a DMR rick reapeter out of two mobiles? Thanks KG7PBS
KG7PBS
wavetar
Administrator

Re: DMR rick reapeters

Post by wavetar »

vince7003 wrote:Hello I am wanting to see if anyone has made a DMR rick reapeter out of two mobiles? Thanks KG7PBS
It's certainly possible. I've cross-connected XPR4000 series radios to bridge Capacity Plus with Linked Capacity Plus systems with no issue. So doing a couple of conventional radios to make a repeater should be a snap. No RICK needed, all the needed I/O's are programmable right in the accessory connectors. Turn off the AGC and set the gains for the rear pins manually, the audio will sound fine.

It is double vocoding...but it sounds fine to me.

BTW, I noticed you've been here quite a while & still a "new user". I've changed that for you.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
vince7003

Post by vince7003 »

Thanks for the info on that i will try that out. and thanks for changing my status
KG7PBS
nukedude
What radios do you own?: Many Motorola's

Post by nukedude »

Thank you for posting, some co-workers of mine had the same question. We are migrating from CDM-1250's to XPR-4550 mobiles. Small repeaters made inside of Pelican boxes using a RICK and power supply.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”