Motorola R2001D RF input fused BNC panel connector?

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n0czv
New User

Motorola R2001D RF input fused BNC panel connector?

Post by n0czv »

Hello!

Does anyone know of a source for the antenna input fused panel mount BNC connector on the R2001D ( and other D variations )?

On the one that I am working on, someone had gone to the trouble of replacing the fused panel mount BNC connector with a standard panel mount female to female unfused version.

The secondary problem is that someone most likely applied RF to the connector. The receive still functions, but it is deaf as a post.

Any help would be appreciated!

Is there an alternative to the fused BNC to protect the receiver?

Steve, N0CZV
n0czv
New User

Re: Motorola R2001D RF input fused BNC panel connector?

Post by n0czv »

It appears that the original connector was replaced with a straight though piece, no fuse. However, a fuse was inserted in line inside the wattmeter module, bridging a cut trace. Unfortunately it is a 7 amp fuse that checks good.
I suspect that something was damaged at some point, as the fuse is rated at 7 amps and checks good. I have not measured sensitivity, but I hear nothing over the air. I can hear audio from a closeby HT, but I am not seeing any deviation reading on the display.....

Anyone dealt with this type of issue?

Thanks
Steve
jry

Re: Motorola R2001D RF input fused BNC panel connector?

Post by jry »

believe the antenna port goes through the attenuator so make sure you are set to 0dbm on the front panel as well as pulling the variable RF switch out for the antenna connection.

After the variable attenuator it goes through two RF relays and then into the mixer.

I would tell you to check the GEN output put it sounds like you cannot get this into gen mode yet. The GEN out is essentially the LO input to the mixer and you may wan tot make sure the SMB connectors on the two cards aw fully seated.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”