ID Data Sound?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

twowaytekk

ID Data Sound?

Post by twowaytekk »

I'm getting a random interference on a GMRS repeater output. It is not passing through the repeater. There is a UHF Motorola Smartnet system in the area, with a radio site about 1.5 miles away. The GMRS repeater output is 462.7, and the Smartnet data channel is normally on 460.6. I've uploaded the wav file. I'm only getting the interference every few days, for about a minute or less. It's definitely data, but I'm not sure which flavor. If anyone knows of a program to decode data from a recorded file please let me know.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=073 ... 8603502340

Mark
radiokid

Re: ID Data Sound?

Post by radiokid »

Unitunker will decoded P25, Type II and Edacs.
tsunami_australia
What radios do you own?: too many to list here apparent

Post by tsunami_australia »

Sounds a LOT like POCSAG after the intro tones. Doesn't sound like P25 to me, nut sure what EDACS etc would sound like but it sounds more like emergency services MDTs or sewage pump boxes etc to me.
twowaytekk

Post by twowaytekk »

The transmission is random so far. I have a receiver set to record all transmission on the 462.7 freq. I'm only capturing the interference every three days or so. I may set unitrunker up to try to decode this, but I was wanting something that I could play the audio file into, if it exists.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Sounds like Trbo to me.
twowaytekk

Post by twowaytekk »

Bill, I have to agree with you. I know of a new business in the area that I suspect are using Trbo in the same band.

Mark
rainbowpenguin
New User

Post by rainbowpenguin »

Pushed the wav file though dsdplus; a couple transmissions come back as trbo, cc 15, ts 1, group call 50, from radio id 6. Also in there an idle / ipsc beacon.

Definitely trbo/dmr
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

I would guess P25 control channel.
res6cue

Post by res6cue »

No need for all the random speculation, just use the proper tools to decode it and you'll have your answer. Which is:

It's not data, it's DMR voice (most likely TRBO). Color code is 15, Group is 50, Radio ID is 6. The wav file wasn't clean enough to regenerate the voice frames good enough to make out what was being said; the bits that did come through were "underwater".

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”