Motorola VML750 LTE Vehiclular Subscriber Modem

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wa8iqo
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: Motorola XTL5000 & XTS5000

Motorola VML750 LTE Vehiclular Subscriber Modem

Post by wa8iqo »

Looking for information from anyone with knowelage and experience on the VML750 system. Specificley Model FLN1310.

I have the opportunity to purchase a used/like new one for $100. I want to mount it in my vehicle to use with my MW 810. I am attempting to get confirmation on the comparability with Verizon.

According to the Motorola documentation that I am able to access, this model is a LTE B20 version. The information I can find on B20 Networks states that it is a European cellular network and not the B13/14 Networks of the US.

Referring specifically to Motorola product manual PN: 6802988C54-B it does not specify modem will access B20 networks only or B20 networks in addition to standard B13/14 Networks.

Can anyone clarify this information for me before I spend the money on it. I dont want to spend the $100 only to find out that I can't use it in the US.

Thanks
Brad - WA8IQO
d119

Re: Motorola VML750 LTE Vehiclular Subscriber Modem

Post by d119 »

Chances are it's for proprietary use on proprietary networks. I'd save your money.
wa8iqo
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: Motorola XTL5000 & XTS5000

Re: Motorola VML750 LTE Vehiclular Subscriber Modem

Post by wa8iqo »

Talked with Motorola today and thought I would share with the board.

The VML750 system is not a proprietary cellular modem. There sales are not restricted to public safety only. All you have to do is get a SIM card from a network provider and your good to go. However the VML's are only certified for use on Verizon or AT&T Networks.

Now, just as I suspected. Model FLN1310 is for B20 Europe cellular Networks only. If you want to use one in the US you will need Model FLN1057 sub model — LTE B14 + VzW. Motorola's MSRP is $999. Additionally, you will need a MIMO (Multi In Multi Out) CDMA/GSM/GPS/WIFI antenna (5 in 1). Plan on spending another $200 depending on manufacture.

If your not wanting to spend the money on the Motorola, then the next comparable aftermarket item would be the Cradlepoint IBR1100. Cradlepoint offers one for every carrier, i.e. Sprint, Verizon, AT&T and a Generic version. The MSRP is about the same. I did find several used ones on eBay ranging between $500 and $800. I've only seen one VML750 LTE show up on eBay, every.

I had to do some digging but I for the answers...
Brad - WA8IQO

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”