MCS2000 and Infinimode

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tuckerm

MCS2000 and Infinimode

Post by tuckerm »

I have an Infinimode G4 that I'm trying to interface an MCS2000 Model II to it. I'm pretty sure the cable is right. When I have it plugged in to the Infinimode the Carrier Detect is always lit up and I'm unable to transmit from the Infinimode Mic.

My settings on the Infinimode match what its supposed to be from the cable spec sheet. My cable matches the spec sheet.

Does anyone have anything I could try to make this work?

Cable Manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oh49328fyaf4x ... 9.pdf?dl=0
Infinmode Manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/91t4j2ktzbs53 ... l.pdf?dl=0
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
d119

Re: MCS2000 and Infinimode

Post by d119 »

Sounds like the polarity of the carrier detect signal isn't set correctly, or perhaps the radio isn't configured properly? I seem to recall there is a "car stereo mute" feature on the MCS 2000 that is used for the carrier detect signal?
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

That option is checked.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
d119

Post by d119 »

Is the polarity set properly in the Infinimux? Seems to me if you plug it in and it keys up immediately, that is your problem. That, or the cable is miswired.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

The AM/FM mute option is active low, but it also activates when the mic PTT is pressed... obviously not ideal for any kind of linking/interfacing scenario.

I would recommend going to Pyramid's website and pulling up their application note for the MCS. Their mod will give you true active low COR.

edit: I have never seen or heard of a FRN5843 adapter. Not knowing how those things are wired I would strongly recommend wiring up your own cable.
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

FRN5843 is pretty nifty. Has everything to make TX/RX work through CAT5.

At the end of the day, I picked up an ACU for a very sweet price so this project is no longer. Appreciate all the responses.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

Didn't Infinimode die on the vine about 10 years or so ago? They had a decent product and then nothing.

Jim
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

Yes, they are dead.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”