Motorola Micom 2EF HF radio

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

g8tzl2004

Motorola Micom 2EF HF radio

Post by g8tzl2004 »

I have recently acquired a Motorola 2EF HF radio with the desktop head.

The radio does not power up. I have checked the power lead and fuses and all is OK. I think the problem is a disconnected "flat blade" black wire link between the head and main body..but I'm not going to connect it up until I have done some research.

The 2EF head does not fit tight onto the radio body. I think its missing a back assembly which locks the head in place on the main body. Currently the head is taped to the main body. The head is connected to the body by a long flex ribbon cable which is folded up inside the head.

Does anybody have a Micom 2EF version and can confirm the the head is connected to the main body by a black wire link using an inline flat blade connector, as well as the ribbon cable?

Thanks
kb6nzv

Re: Motorola Micom 2EF HF radio

Post by kb6nzv »

Apologies in advance for the necro-post-reply...

There is a resource elsewhere that includes the PDF copies of the manuals you need to refer to.
That information can be found at:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/motorola_micom/info

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”