SLR 7500 Shutting Down?

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Maxskier
New User

SLR 7500 Shutting Down?

Post by Maxskier »

Hey Folks!

Let me start by saying: End user here with some knowledge of CPS/repeaters and associated systems. I am working with my dealer, but this is the second year in a row this has happened to us and last year it took three weeks to get it to work and we never traced the reason as to why.

I run a ski school, and for 10weeks out of the year we rent 16x handhelds, and a repeater for our operations. Gear changes slightly based on rental availability, but this year with a have a UHF SLR 5700 running in digital mode, plus 16x XPR7500e handhelds. We have a antenna mounted above our building, Duplexer at the repeater, with 100' of cable running down to the repeater in the bottom floor of the building (4x floors).

Everything powers up, and the handhelds connect to the repeater no problem. After about 1-4 minutes, the all the repeaters lights turn green, then I get an orange light on the status indicator, then a quick green and the whole unit shuts down and indicator light turns red. This is pretty much the EXACT same setup as last year (though we had VHF) and some changes in hardware. This SAME issue happened last year.

We have checked power, changed power sources (ran through ups, ran without a UPS) no change in behavior. Power has been metered and meters out fine.

For many years we successfully ran an older VHF analog system in building with NO issues. The last two years nothing but issues. Our dealer has sent out different systems, sent a tech out, and tried everything they can think of. They are STUMPED. I am hoping that folks here might have some insights into things we could try?
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: SLR 7500 Shutting Down?

Post by FireCpt809 »

sounds like a high SWR...is the duplexer tuned correctly? or hooked up properly. TX/RX swapped? is it the right antenna ? you said you used VHF and now UHF .. did you change antennas? Is the coax not shorted to ground? these are the first things I check
Maxskier
New User

Post by Maxskier »

Yes every year we get new duplexers and antennas with the repeaters, all should be tuned/chosen appropriately by the vendor. We get a new cable as well. Vendor ended up sending us new repeator (same as before), duplexer, cable and antenna. No dice. Same issue.

Excuse my ignorance: should the coax be grounded? it currently is not. Our signal path is antenna to cable to duplexer. Wiring is all labeled and should be correct.
Maxskier
New User

Post by Maxskier »

Ended up getting fixed with a duplexer swap! Working fine for 48hrs now!

Return to “MotoTRBO Repeaters, Trunking, and Site Infrastructure”