What Lab Version Will Read A v9.00.00 codeplug

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

TXCAP
What radios do you own?: 5100/5300-TP9100 VHF&7/800

Post by TXCAP »

What Lab Version Will Read A v9.00.00 codeplug. I accidently created a paper wait and my only archive is a v9.00.00, (too new for lab) I think, since it won't read it.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hi have you read "Getting Around Codeplug Too New For This Application"?? There's a couple of solutions. Follow this link http://www.batlabs.com/astrosab.html

What's up with the radio anyway??
TXCAP
What radios do you own?: 5100/5300-TP9100 VHF&7/800

Post by TXCAP »

Here it is, the radio came to me programmed via r9.00.00, so that is the oldest archive I have got. I programed some new channels allocated to me, I finished that. (Mind I forgot to disconnect the radio)I started Lab, read an old codeplug.... looked thru it, was going to close it to read another plug and instinctivle hit F8 instead of F3 and whammo.. Other than that the original code plug can not be read via the lab... so I cannot get it back to original specs. The lab i had was 4.00 or 4.00.01
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

If you have an older readable version of your codeplug, try putting it in via the CLONE option.

You might be able to read the codeplug using the get/save without pack/unpack options as well. You can blast an archive right into the radio, too. Note: An "archive" is not the same as a normally read and saved file. You access archive capability via the above mentioned get/save without pack/unpack screens. The archive is always written into the software's main directory. Don't forget what you named it, because you have to type it in to read it back into the RSS. You will NOT be able to edit or even SEE any data in the archive file, either. The RSS will act like there is no codeplug loaded, and there isn't. There's an ARCHIVE loaded, and that's a different situtation. You can put the archive right into the radio.

Be careful. Really. You will want to experiment with great care.

Elroy

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”