"view" menu key on an AS3

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mikegilbert
What radios do you own?: All of them

"view" menu key on an AS3

Post by mikegilbert »

Hi All.
I've got one of Nick's AS3's. In the soft menu keys, he programmed one soft key to "view" When I press it, I get the low sounding tone.

Does that mean it's an invalid option? What does "view" do?
Thanks.
-Mike
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Re: "view" menu key on an AS3

Post by Josh »

mikegilbert wrote:Hi All.
I've got one of Nick's AS3's. In the soft menu keys, he programmed one soft key to "view" When I press it, I get the low sounding tone.

Does that mean it's an invalid option? What does "view" do?
Thanks.
-Mike
On My XTS3000 (Not a Nick radio), I've got view enabled on the screen. What it does is allow me to view the scan list. My flashcode is the same as in Nick's radios, however, even when it was 100004-000000-4, it still worked. I don't know what could be wrong with your radio other than the notion that scan might not be enabled.

-Josh
mikegilbert
What radios do you own?: All of them

I forgot to mention

Post by mikegilbert »

Sorry I forgot to mention it before hand...

Nick never enabled any kind of scan list....now it makes perfect sense.

I had 60 or so channels, all of which were put in one zone!!!!

Oh yeah, I have a "prog" soft key, which allows me to enter an id into the radio....an other wierd option.

Thanks for the answer.
-Mike
ScannerDan

Post by ScannerDan »

I think that inorder to use the "VIEW" soft kay you will have to have a scan list programmed into the A3. You need to check the scan menu in RSS and make sure that you have at least one valid scan list.

As far as the "PROG Soft ID" key goes this is an ASTRO feature that allows you to program up to eight alpha characters into the radio which would be transmitted after the radio ID is sent. I've seen some really cute soft ID's on LAPD's ASTRO system like an officer calling herself "SPONGBOB"... This Soft ID can be changed by the soft keys and keypad. However, the radio ID can only be changed by the use of RSS.

Hope this helps

Dan...
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

"View" can also be used to look at Call Alert/Private Call and Phone lists.

Todd

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”