Codeplug Help!

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radios4bill
What radios do you own?: XTL5000, APX7000, Astro Saber

Codeplug Help!

Post by radios4bill »

I have a Astro Saber that was received with a APCO 25 and i attempted to put a VSELP codeplug into it, and it did not work! Now i have a problem! I did not read the radio and save it. But the person i received it from had the CP saved and he sent it to me. Here is the question! the CP is CPS and all i have is 9.5. Can i convert it? Does anyone know to answer to my problem? Can anyone help? Thanks! :oops:
mike m

Post by mike m »

if it were the other way around, DOS codeplugs can be read with the equivalent CPS software but you cannot read in a CPS CP with DOS software, then it would work.

Your friend should have the DOS software that goes with CPS and maybe he saved the CP under DOS, if not then it is to bad if he didn't read the code plug with the dos software also. This is why you always, and I mean always should read your radio each and every time you sit down at a programming session.

Also if you really do have CPS software that would handle this dos 9.5 code plug then you should also have the equivalent 9.5 dos software on floppys along with your CPS CD, just load your dos 9.5 disks and you should be ok.

Mike
radios4bill

Post by radios4bill »

I KNOW! It was not Lab that i was using. It was 9.5 The radio is a AS II Ruggedized 800MHz. I hope someone can help! Thanks! :D
radios4bill

Post by radios4bill »

Thank you but i have a CP for a II but the reason for doing this was to get the origional S/N back in the radio. You have sent me info in the past in how to restore S/N but in did not work.
clavo
Worse than Cowthief

labs

Post by clavo »

Will dumping codeplugs in radios (astro/mts2000) work with MTSX lab 02.00.01? or only the newer lab?
dodge3500

Post by dodge3500 »

:cry: I have a Astro S III, that when I read it, it came up a type II. I am not sure wh, it is not a hacked radio.

I had some old lab and blew in a III CP, and now I lost my CAI IMBE DSQ option. Gained keypad and MODAT, and lost what Ireally wanted, the 25 capability.

I think I need a new CP (Type III, IMBE, 1000010000007) Astro Saber, then some Lab RSS that I can push it in with.

I surely don't ask for much do I?

Let me know please if you can help me. My first Astro, and I blow it. I did keep the default CP, but I cannot put it back in now because it lowered the Flash to 8401018F0004.

I'm bummed. kc4cov@insightbb.com
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

I take it this happened after you "fixed" your DTMF problem? I had a notion that you loaded in an old LAPD codeplug....right?
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
MattSR

Post by MattSR »

"Open the codeplug with the wrong serial # with your NORMAL RSS. It doesn't matter what version it is. Go in the F5 clone menu, and type in the serial # you want in your radio. F10 out of there, and then F7 (save) and save the codeplug to disk. Exit RSS. "

This is the bit im having trouble with...
I can do all of that, but when I get to the F5 clone menu, the serial number cant be changed... hitting F5 takes me to the "NEW TRUNKING IDS" page

Please help!!

Cheers!

PS - using RSS 9.05
Last edited by MattSR on Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
MattSR

Post by MattSR »

Hmm still cant get this to work..

What key do I press after I get into the clone menu to be able to change the S/N ???

Cheers
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

You need a legit Syskey for every system in your radio before it'll show the cursor in the serial number field. Once you have the syskey(s), you can either enter the serial number manually, or use the 'F2-read ser#' key to read the serial number directly from your radio.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
MattSR

Post by MattSR »

Ahh OK...

Ill check it once again, I thought I deleted all the trunking systems..

Thanks for the help todd..

Cheers.
Matt
MattSR

Post by MattSR »

Hmm I just double checked and theres no trunking systems in there, however the cuscor still wont tab across to the SN field...

Any other ideas?

I'm probably overlooking somthing really simple..

Thanks,
M
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Post by The Pager Geek »

does it have trunking at all?

you may need syskey 0001

tpg
Experienced Provider of Useless Information
MattSR

Post by MattSR »

Yeah it does.. RSS wont let me delete the last trunking system (all default settings)
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Post by The Pager Geek »

All you need is a key for that last system.

tpg
Experienced Provider of Useless Information

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”