ASTRO Spectra R1 - R2 change??

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Nick

Post by Nick »

Happy New Year!

Hi guy's I have an ASTRO Spectra with R1 split (403-438MHz) that I would like to change to R2 split. Is it possible to de-solder R1 and solder R2, edit the codeplug and still have a working radio?
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

Check the manuals. I'm pretty sure that there are a LOT of bandsplit-specific components that would have to be changed for proper operation. If you're not prepared to change ALL of them, then don't bother changing any of them. It's got to be an all-or-nothing change if you want the radio to have a chance of working properly.

Elroy
Nick

Post by Nick »

Thanks Elroy,

I know the PA (110 watt) supports the range change and heard that this may be the only split on an ASTRO Spectra that can be changed without much trouble (something about an "SP" version with this type of mod for the DOJ).

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”