Spectra All Trunking to Conventional

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Big BOB

Spectra All Trunking to Conventional

Post by Big BOB »

This maybe an age old question. But I just got a D27KGA5JB2BK Spectra. It has no frills and is trunking ONLY. Is there a way to get conventional channels into it? I tried to load codeplugs from my other Spectras, but they are D37's and RSS says the model numbers don't match.
n1pfc

Post by n1pfc »

There are a couple of ways to do it. You need to change the model number in the radio (details on the spectra page on batlabs). You may still run into a problem with the D37 and D27 differences as the D37's allow low and high power, where the D27's just allow one power setting. It's worth a try, and keep a copy of your old code plug if it doesn't TX.

Kurt
Big BOB

Post by Big BOB »

OK I changed the serial number in the D27 Trunking only Spectra. I was then able to force the D37 codeplug into it. It took the codeplug and all my frequencies and alpha numerics appear now. But now the display will alter back and forth to "Fail 002". Will I ever be able to get it to conventional channels or will the MLM board have to be changed?

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”