HT1250 - going from full keypad to limited?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Astrosaber

Post by Astrosaber »

What functionality do I lose by going from a full keypad case to a limited keypad one on a HT1250? I don't need to be able to enter new phone numbers or MDC IDs on the fly - I do just fine with the way my UHF Astro Saber II works. From reading posts about changing from limited to full, it seems this is not a problem to do - a simple case swap.

I'm picking up a used VHF HT1250 soon from a friend, and I don't have a working familiarity with this series of radio. It will be used for public safety and a little bit of hamming. We're going narrowband at the county, so my old HT600 is going away.

Comments?
Chris

Post by Chris »

You lose the ability to have "hot" dtmf, although you can still store DTMF codes and numbers in your phone list, you lose the ability to enter MDC's and that is about it. Not a huge loss unless you use the radio for autopatch or heavy DTMF telemetry. If you have some forethough and think when you are programming a limited keypad radio, you maintain the same functionality without the ability to do it on the fly.
patrol186

Post by patrol186 »

I have a new limiter keypad housing that was ordered by mistake,
if you are interested in it let me know,
asking $5.00 and shipping
Ben
Astrosaber

Post by Astrosaber »

On 2002-01-19 14:18, patrol186 wrote:
I have a new limiter keypad housing that was ordered by mistake,
if you are interested in it let me know,
asking $5.00 and shipping