Question on gain settings with an ASIII

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radar76

Question on gain settings with an ASIII

Post by radar76 »

Gentlemen

First let me say great web-page !! i have been aware of batlabs for some time now but this is my first time posting a question to the masses. I have an ASIII uhf that i use at work (my personal ) and I find that the audio coming from the unit just did not seem as loud and clean as the audio from my issued ht1000. On both radio's I am using a coiled cord speaker mic, the Ht1000 does not have agc enabled and both radios are set to high power. The system is a plain jane conv uhf operating at the 460mghz rang. I have been playing around with the astro rss and the gain settings (ie linear compression ect) but have not been abel to match the sound of the ht1000. Even my wife who hates radios and scanners said last night " how come your radio sounds soo muffled/crappy and the other guys sound better??? I am consistent in the operation of both units in that i am not spitting into my shoulder mic and i speak in a clear slow voice. I could use any suggestions that you folks may have for what i should or should not be doing.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”