Question on Astro/Saber and Jedi series batteries

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

DACS_IV

Post by DACS_IV »

I've got a Mot slow-charger for my HT1000 Nicad packs that I'd like to use with my Astro Saber Nicad packs. The charger has only two contacts. I noticed both the Jedi and Saber packs have four contacts on them. I know about the Saber pack won't fit the charger, but are the Saber battery packs wired the same as the HT1000 so I can use the same charger for both? Thanks.
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

The NTN8831A tri-chemistry charger is specifically designed to rapid charge Saber type batteries AND Jedi batteries AND XTS batteries all in a single compact desktop charger. All these batteries share the same wiring and the charging parameters are similar enough that your charger will work if you can wedge the battery into position.

I would recommend that anyone who has an XTS or Jedi AND a Saber get one of these chargers. One charger, three radio series...or is it four...five...six??

Elroy
DACS_IV

Post by DACS_IV »

Thanks for reply Elroy. I rigged up a cup with leads that clip onto the charging contacts on the Jedi charger so the Saber battery is charged via the contacts on top of the battery, the ones that power the radio. So far, no explosions. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DACS_IV on 2002-01-24 03:33 ]</font>

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”