DAYTON 2006!!! Who's IN?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Are you attending Dayton?

Yes
62%
No
21%
Unsure
17%

Total votes: 90
K8TEK
"Dark Chocolate"
What radios do you own?: Dynatac

Post by K8TEK »

I have 5 XTS batteries, If need be, I suppose I can lend some out.

Edited by ME, I am a tool!
Last edited by K8TEK on Wed May 10, 2006 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
K8TEK::Tim
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

K8TEK wrote:I have 5 XTS batteries that I have. If need be, I suppose I can lend some out.
I guess that's the opposite of having 5 XTS batteries that you don't have? :lol:
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

By booth, Doug means the Hamsexy booth - there is no "official" batboard presance, with the exception of a large number of us attending and having dinner on Saturday night.

Some of us will have spaces in the usual spots.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
silverbk

Post by silverbk »

I'm in, just booked the air last night.

I'll have all my portables with me.

I have VHF Saber Securenet 146-174 that I will be selling, if I have any left. (they are on Ebay)

I won't be able to catch you guys at the Outback because I'm flying back Sat nite.

I have unlimited XTS batteries, that I can loan out. They are not for sale, they are engraved with my agency's name.

KC2GDF
WQAM-679
redbeard
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Yaesu

Post by redbeard »

Is anyone bringing a keyloader? I want to load my AS radios, an analog Spectra HP, and an MTS2K.

Will anyone be doing encryption over P25 on VHF? I'd like to give it a run while there for the heck of it. DES-OFB or XL.

Is there going to be any IMBE on the Bat 1 (151.88) channel? It's not listed on the channel plan but a codeplug I have says different :)

Oh, and i'm still hoping someone can share a little flea market space so I can maybe set a few small things out and have a place for my camp chair and a small cooler.
Look, it's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why.
silverbk

Post by silverbk »

redbeard wrote:Is anyone bringing a keyloader? I want to load my AS radios, an analog Spectra HP, and an MTS2K.

Will anyone be doing encryption over P25 on VHF? I'd like to give it a run while there for the heck of it. DES-OFB or XL.

Is there going to be any IMBE on the Bat 1 (151.88) channel? It's not listed on the channel plan but a codeplug I have says different :)

Oh, and i'm still hoping someone can share a little flea market space so I can maybe set a few small things out and have a place for my camp chair and a small cooler.
I have a DES-XL keyloader that I will be bringing. I only have a saber cable for it though. You may be able to find one for sale there. Or someone with a KVL-3000
jnglmassiv
Batboard $upporter

Post by jnglmassiv »

redbeard wrote:Is anyone bringing a keyloader? I want to load my AS radios, an analog Spectra HP, and an MTS2K.
I'll have one, too. Actually, there probably won't be any shortage the whole weekend. I probably ought to prepare for the semiannual kvl battery charging.
silverbk

Post by silverbk »

jnglmassiv wrote:
I'll have one, too. Actually, there probably won't be any shortage the whole weekend. I probably ought to prepare for the semiannual kvl battery charging.
That reminds me to look for an alkaline holder for the KVL while I'm there. If I pick that up, I can sell my MX-300 charger, and all the NiCads.
K8TEK
"Dark Chocolate"
What radios do you own?: Dynatac

Post by K8TEK »

I will have a T3011DX and all cables (MTS/XTS, AS, hirose and KVL to KVL)
K8TEK::Tim
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

FYI --- HERE is an update frequency list for dayton this year. Seth (N3JFW) will be bringing a repeater that will be up for the Hamsexy dinner, and probably for all weekend. Chances are if your near miller lane, you'll be able to hear it. I'll edit this post with the frequency when he gets back to me with the digits.

Code: Select all

Dayton 2006 Frequency Plan

Service/NAME		Frequency	DPL	Modulation
MURS/GREEN		151.88		143	IMBE DCSQ (primary) analog w/dpl 143 Secondary)
MURS/BLUE		151.94		143	IMBE DCSQ (primary) analog w/dpl 143 Secondary)
MURS/RED		151.57		143	IMBE DCSQ (primary) analog w/dpl 143 Secondary)

GMRS/ALPHA		462.6625	072	IMBE DCSQ (primary) analog w/dpl 143 Secondary)
GMRS/BRAVO		462.6875	411	IMBE DCSQ (primary) analog w/dpl 143 Secondary)
GMRS/CHARLIE		462.7125	143	IMBE DCSQ (primary) analog w/dpl 143 Secondary)
GREEN/ALPHA is PRIMARY. If you want to find someone, try that channel first. Usually no one is on the other channels, but hey, we try and be cool.

Note: I took out the X-Band repeater, it's never come to fruition, so why keep saying it might be there. Additionally, I took out 2 UHF channels, why do we need 5? The main reason for so many was to make sure it wasn't crowded. We have been using Green for about 3 years, no problems.

Digital/Astro/IMBE is preferred (common, what site is this?) but i'll ask that since there are some "legacy" people that will be there, leave your radios in Mixed mode. Out of curtesy for other members, I ask that you don't run crypto on these channels. I don't believe you can run it legally on GMRS, or on the MURS channels. If you ask me if we can make the channels PL, I'll sick Batdude on you.

Remember, you must have a valid GMRS license to use these channels in UHF. $75 for 5 years I think, and it takes 24 hours to get a valid call sign from the FCC.
sglass
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: sonic screwdriver

Post by sglass »

dpl 143
or i can put it on 5a

and if I hear anyone ask "is that plus or minus", I'm going to beat you with a ht200.
Last edited by sglass on Sat May 13, 2006 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silverbk

Post by silverbk »

Will anyone from here be selling any XTS radios? I'd rather give someone here my business.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

sglass wrote:and if I hear anyone ask "is that plus or minus", I'm going to beat you with a ht200.
Please. This is batlabs. We use astro sabers over here.

Keep it on DPL. Keeps the rif raf out.

-Alex
ka8ypy

Post by ka8ypy »

Does this mean i have to take my MT1000 and go home... 8)
sglass
Batboard $upporter

Post by sglass »

ka8ypy wrote:Does this mean i have to take my MT1000 and go home... 8)
uhm

no

they are great kids toys
sglass
Batboard $upporter

Post by sglass »

sglass wrote:442.900

dpl 143
or i can put it on 5a

and if I hear anyone ask "is that plus or minus", I'm going to beat you with a ht200.
update

143 dpl

just checked
redbeard
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Yaesu

Post by redbeard »

I'm still looking for someone to share some flea market space with. I mostly just want to park my chair and a cooler, and maybe have 1 or two small things to sell.
Look, it's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why.
KE4NYVJR
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu

Post by KE4NYVJR »

My Astro Saber actually made it back from Mexico this week, so I'll be there in ASTRO 25 fashion. I noticed that the amateur 2M freq was not on the updated list, is that no more? I added it to mine anyways.

Drop by booths 213 and 214 (HamHUD, RPC Electronics, Argent Data Systems and APRSWorld.net and say hi.
Jason KE4NYV
Motorola Solutions ST
jayres

Post by jayres »

Finally got details made, will be there... coming up with some of the guys from down here, but doesn't look like will be able to make the dinner though :(

Guess I have to go to the office and program the XTS tomorrow before I leave now! :P
KD8GWD
was fordcobra04

Post by KD8GWD »

I'll be there Sunday for sure! Is there someplace the batlabs guys will be?
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

DINNER HAS BEEN MOVED TO LONESTAR STEAKHOUSE -- NEXT DOOR TO OUTBACK - SAME TIME 8 PM TONIGHT (5/20/2006).

-Alex
KD8GWD
was fordcobra04

Post by KD8GWD »

Oh man! Dayton 2006 was awesome! BTW: If anyone was there on sunday, and walked by the Mini Donut maker, You would have saw me in the blue striped shirt, lol.
wazzzzzzzzup
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS3000/astro spectra/

Post by wazzzzzzzzup »

YEAH! I Had a great time! unfortunately i was unable to attend the dinner this year, there was some crazy S*IT goin on at the 05 dinner, wish i could have seen what it would have been like this year.

i picked up a few goodies, including some spectras and an astro spectra,
regular dash mount spectras are becoming more affordable, i picked up a a few for 100.00 or less. they make great ham radios.
a transit antenna and a battery from WW Manufacturing for my MX360 DES VHF radio i have had forever, lookin forward to carrying it again.
unfortunately the battery i bought from them wont hold a charge, so were sending it in for a replacement :(

i think it was just as big this year as last year.

also, went there running VSELP Astro on an itinerant and heard some guys frustrated they couldnt decode me, they were analog. "they're digital, but i cant decode them" was heard from a guy shortly before his buddy told him to switch to OPS2. I love VSELP. P25 scanners cant decode me :D

lookin forward to dayton 07!!!!!

wazz
think about how to ENCOURAGE Motorola learning safely with GRACE.....NOT condemnation.
sglass
Batboard $upporter

Post by sglass »

I know on the vselp. I picked up a pair or w3 vhf mobiese that are vselp. They might stay that way.

Seth
wazzzzzzzzup
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS3000/astro spectra/

Post by wazzzzzzzzup »

yeah, i think i contemplated buying one of them, there was a guy with 2 of them on a back table, said he was holding them for someone.

the VHF VSELP spectra i bought was a bit limited, but it does have VSELP and does 255 chan. so thats the main thing. it has MDC, but most of the MDC options are not available. like call and page. no call lists. thats about the only thing im bummed on, but as a whole, im happy with the radio. next year will be looking for DES module for it and someone who can load it at dayton. :)

giving time, VSELP radios will get cheap :)
think about how to ENCOURAGE Motorola learning safely with GRACE.....NOT condemnation.
sglass
Batboard $upporter

Post by sglass »

wazzzzzzzzup wrote:next year will be looking for DES module for it and someone who can load it at dayton. :)

giving time, VSELP radios will get cheap :)
Get with me in about a week. Might have a good deal for you.

Seth
wa1tej

Post by wa1tej »

Maybe I'm getting Old Timer's Disease but Dayton this year could not compare with 10-12 years ago. No good stuff, former Moto sellers no shows, everything was gone by 0800. Couldn't even find a VHF GM300 with PS. Sad to see this fine institution going this way.

The expanded AF Museum was what made the trip worthwhile.

Jack
KD8GWD
was fordcobra04

Post by KD8GWD »

wa1tej wrote:Maybe I'm getting Old Timer's Disease but Dayton this year could not compare with 10-12 years ago. No good stuff, former Moto sellers no shows, everything was gone by 0800. Couldn't even find a VHF GM300 with PS. Sad to see this fine institution going this way.

The expanded AF Museum was what made the trip worthwhile.

Jack
I totally agree... I didnt see much motorola stuff at all! Not only was there a absence of Motorola stuff, Attendance was down this year also...
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

wa1tej wrote: The expanded AF Museum was what made the trip worthwhile.

Jack
I got lucky with a Spectra I picked up... but generally that was it.

I got into the expanded areas of the AF Museum... and it was great. The last time I was at the Museum was about 4 years ago and they had just started putting the Cold War area together.

Made the trip worthwhile.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

It's a loss of the older ham population over the years...

I think the biggest difference is eBay.

1998 - You could get a whole milk crate of MTX8000's for $500. (full keypad too!).

There now is market value associated with the stuff, and you just can't find people liquidating it anymore. Once it's on ebay and it sells for X price a few times in a row, it might as well be the true 3rd party market value of any given object at this point.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
sglass
Batboard $upporter

Post by sglass »

wa1tej wrote: Couldn't even find a VHF GM300 with PS. Sad to see this fine institution going this way.
Funny I know of a box of them that were there for almost all day friday.
n2knc

Post by n2knc »

well I got the best deal!!! I got to shake sglass hand..glad to meet you seth
wa3rdm

Post by wa3rdm »

n2knc wrote:well I got the best deal!!! I got to shake sglass hand..glad to meet you seth
That was a high point in my trip as well ! Ditto for me !
sglass
Batboard $upporter

Post by sglass »

n2knc wrote:well I got the best deal!!! I got to shake sglass hand..glad to meet you seth
yeah but you have no clue where my hand was before you shook it!

Nice to meet you as well.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”