What Share Of The U.S. Non-Government Market Is MOTOTRBO?

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim1348

What Share Of The U.S. Non-Government Market Is MOTOTRBO?

Post by Jim1348 »

By any chance does anybody happen to know what percentage of digital radios in the US are MOTO TRBO? And maybe that is a very difficult questions to answer, because although public safety has gone APCO P25 in my area, other areas are using MOTO TRBO or NXDN. I am just curious, since a deadline is on the horizon, I wonder if your average hospital or campus security department is staying analog, but going to narrow bandwidth radios, going MOTO TRBO, NXDN, or something else. From my perspective, it seems like most of the places I am familiar with have gone MOTO TRBO.
RFguy

Re: What Share Of The U.S. Non-Government Market Is MOTOTRB

Post by RFguy »

I only have antidotal evidence here, but we are seeing about 80 to 90% is MOTOTRBO when a repeater in involved.

When there is no repeater involved, we are seeing about 60 to 70% MOTOTRBO.

We have very active Kenwood and ICOM dealers in our area, but the features on MOTOTRBO and product quality is night and day difference between Motorola and the others.
bw18
New User

Post by bw18 »

It would be very interesting to see some international sales figures from Motorola. Over here in the UK TRBO has really become 'the norm', many systems have changed over from analogue and Motorola seems to have the majority of the market share without doubt.

Unlike the US ALL of 'our' emergency/government services use a purpose built national tetra network called 'Airwave'. No P25 or TRBO for them! Impossible to scan into transmissions and see whats going on in the local area anymore. Our government really does not want us to know whats going on out there anymore... some say its a good thing, some say its bad! So much for the 'public domain'...

Best wishes to all from accross the pond!
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

Australian perspective, so far it seems to mostly be NXDN with the traditional trunking and community repeater operators, with quite a lot of TRBO around as well. All UHF; there's been very little happening on the digital front on VHF. Public safety is moving to UHF P25.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

According to Motorola's latest earnings release they shipped over 1 million TRBO units in 2011. I would venture a guess that the CP200 family is still the highest runner in terms of quantity.
wiscomm

Post by wiscomm »

The info I saw includes the following - By the end of 2011, Motorola shipped it's 1 Millionth XTS2500, 1 Millionth MotoTRBO, 1.5 Millionth TETRA Radio, 5 Millionth CP200 and 9 Millionth WARIS Series Radio. This is not 2011 numbers, this from inception of each model.

Motorola shipped a total of 5,000,000 "subscriber units" WORLDWIDE in 2011.

Other interesting tidbits -

"ASTRO - 20 Years"

"IMPRES - 10 Years"

"23 New APX Derivatives and Band Splits" in 2011

----------
My take, that is a crap-load of CP200's in the market. TRBO shipments have caught up to XTS2500 in what three years time?

Interesting times.

Craig

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”